In need of some guidance. . .

etgrthrx
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ Pro B&R

In need of some guidance. . .

Post by etgrthrx »

So it goes something like this: I've recently become employed as a CNC Operator for a Hotel, and I've been learning as I go along--the only reason I was hired is because I am the only one who is somewhat computer literate. I got the whole Vcarve stuff down quite well and have created a lot of signage, but when it comes to the CNC machine itself I am a amatuer. My question: are there any web sites or books that will help me understand? Also, I'm working with a Laguna IQ Pro B&R CNC, and the manual that came with it isn't that great on detail.
I'm pretty sure if I'm adjusting the TEACH TOOL LENGTH every so often so that the v-bit will at least touch the spoil board I might not being operating it properly.

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

farmertom
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: DIY

Re: In need of some guidance. . .

Post by farmertom »

etgrthrx wrote:So it goes something like this: I've recently become employed as a CNC Operator for a Hotel, and I've been learning as I go along--the only reason I was hired is because I am the only one who is somewhat computer literate. I got the whole Vcarve stuff down quite well and have created a lot of signage, but when it comes to the CNC machine itself I am a amatuer. My question: are there any web sites or books that will help me understand? Also, I'm working with a Laguna IQ Pro B&R CNC, and the manual that came with it isn't that great on detail.
I'm pretty sure if I'm adjusting the TEACH TOOL LENGTH every so often so that the v-bit will at least touch the spoil board I might not being operating it properly.

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.
Have you tried to look up the CNC machine in the web? Here it is! http://www.lagunatools.com/cnc/IQ-CNC-Router-Pro .
Looks like a good machine. I have read that Laguna is a good company. I am sure they can help you learn about your machine.