Spindle unwanted start up

Toni CM
Model of CNC Machine: CNCEST 6040

Spindle unwanted start up

Post by Toni CM »

Hi there.
I've just got my new machine, and I've been setting it up and configuring all the parameters in Mach3. However, I have a problem:

As soon as I switch on the VFD that controls the machine the spindle starts to spin accelerating to full throtle. Even before starting up Mach3. This happens if I have the control switch in "PC" position.

If I put it in "Manual" position, the spindle doesn't spin and I can start Mach3, load the gcode file and run it. But then the spindle doesn't spin. The machine performs all the movements in X,Y and Z axis but the spindle doesn't turn.

My guess is that it has to do with the VFD parameters but I'm not sure. I have found this video on youtube but I don't dare to start messing around yet.
I have asked the question to the seller, and I thought I could ask it here as well while I am waiting for their answer.
I attach a pic of the VFD controller I also made a short video but it seems that videos are not allowed or that I don't know how to upload them. Any hint wil be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
IMG_6530.JPG

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Re: Spindle unwanted start up

Post by Leo »

Toni,

The best information will come from the manufacturer.

Is there a digital operators manual of any sort?
Can you email it to me
Is there an internet link to the place where you bought it?

As to uploading a video

On Youtube click on icon in the upper right corner for your channel
Click on STUDIO
On left side click on CONTENT
Hilight the video you want - do not click on it
There are 3 dots aligned vertical --- options
Click the dots
Click on "get shareable link"
Right click in this thread - click on paste
This is what I did just now
Below is my video

Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

Toni CM
Model of CNC Machine: CNCEST 6040

Re: Spindle unwanted start up

Post by Toni CM »

Thanks Leo.
Do I need to have a youtube channel to post a video? Can't I post a video from my own PC?

The manual I got is rather scarce as far most of the things needed. One would assume that if the switch in "PC" position the spindle would be controlled by the PC and if it is manual it would be by the control panel of the VFD wouldn't it?
I bought it from Amazon and I have been exchanging questions with someone on the other side that seems to be comercial and that send me videos that do not answer my questions fully or clearly.