64 bit windows 11 PC and CNC upgrade HELP please

SFL Mick
Model of CNC Machine: XYZ

64 bit windows 11 PC and CNC upgrade HELP please

Post by SFL Mick »

I have been using Cut2D 1.5 for many years now with complete success saving as Cam Tech RMS (mm).cnc file which is then imported into Ncstudio Version 5.4.53.0 running on an old XP windows 32bit PC driving a XYZ-Tech CNC Router.

This continues to work perfectly BUT i am making a new 64 bit windows 11 PC and CNC

Which hardware PCB interface would i best use ??
I have tried Mach3 but find it VERY complicated with way too many choices to do the same simple task
It seems Mach4 may work but need an additional interface card for some reason.

Help please to advise on the best easy to use, simple 2D basic 64bit CNC interface card and software.

Many thanks
Mick

AboveCreations
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: i2r B22

Re: 64 bit windows 11 PC and CNC upgrade HELP please

Post by AboveCreations »

SFL Mick wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 11:41 am
I have been using Cut2D 1.5 for many years now with complete success saving as Cam Tech RMS (mm).cnc file which is then imported into Ncstudio Version 5.4.53.0 running on an old XP windows 32bit PC driving a XYZ-Tech CNC Router.

This continues to work perfectly BUT i am making a new 64 bit windows 11 PC and CNC

Which hardware PCB interface would i best use ??
I have tried Mach3 but find it VERY complicated with way too many choices to do the same simple task
It seems Mach4 may work but need an additional interface card for some reason.

Help please to advise on the best easy to use, simple 2D basic 64bit CNC interface card and software.

Many thanks
Mick
I understand you are upgrading from XP to a new 64bit Windows 11. You will just love the speed of boot and shutdown. But are you replacing your CNC machine too? If so, which machine? Why not ask the machine manufacturer what best control software to use? If you are keeping the original machine, there is no reason to change control software if the PP and NCstudio worked fine.

SFL Mick
Model of CNC Machine: XYZ

Post by SFL Mick »

As i said I need to upgrade the PC to 64 bit and the old hardware will not work with 64 bit so i have no choice but to change it.

It would be very helpful to have a list of 64bit compatible interfaces ???

What is everyone using ?

The mechanical engineering, connection stepper motor drivers is the simple bit, its the interface between PC Software and 64bit usb which seems to be limited. What is everyone using ?

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Is there a reason why you are switching to 64 bit? If the computer is only dedicated to running the CNC machine & everything already works fine then you could probably pick up an old windows 7 32 bit machine for very little money or even for free :lol: :lol:

AboveCreations
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: i2r B22

Post by AboveCreations »

SFL Mick wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:09 pm
As i said I need to upgrade the PC to 64 bit and the old hardware will not work with 64 bit so i have no choice but to change it.

It would be very helpful to have a list of 64bit compatible interfaces ???

What is everyone using ?

The mechanical engineering, connection stepper motor drivers is the simple bit, its the interface between PC Software and 64bit usb which seems to be limited. What is everyone using ?
I still do not completely follow what your are doing and asking. I understand that your are wanting to upgrade to a 64 bit windows operating system and your old computer doesn't support it. If the old one doesn't support it, you hve no choice but to get a new machine. My wife's Dell started acting up and I started searching the web for a deal on a i5 series 10 or better, but below $500. Not too many good deals. Went to Walmart and lo and behold they had a brand new blue Gateway i5 10 series that was loaded, marked $499. Went to checkout and it rang up for $370. And she loves it!

I have no idea what you are asking about interface. Please explain what you mean so we can try to help. Interface to what?

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

AboveCreations

I have no idea what you are asking about interface. Please explain what you mean so we can try to help. Interface to what?

my best guess from my understanding of the post would be that they are asking about a new Motion Control Card & possibly software to run the CNC if they are not going to switch to a more up to date version of NCStudio.

If that is the case then it really comes down to what they want from the machine & how much they are prepared to spend :lol: :lol: :lol: