tool database

Joe&Elaine
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom 8 PRO +

tool database

Post by Joe&Elaine »

How do I download into the tooldata base from a tool manufacturer? One tool that I am trying to put in is a V-bit with flat tip, so it will cut
differently than a regular V-bit. Thanks

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Re: tool database

Post by adze_cnc »

A "v-bit with a flat tip" should be entered as an engraving bit.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Joe&Elaine wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:49 pm
How do I download into the tooldata base from a tool manufacturer? One tool that I am trying to put in is a V-bit with flat tip, so it will cut
differently than a regular V-bit. Thanks
Depends on the tool manufacturer, some you will have to manually enter the details they provide for each tool, others are set up in a way that you can import their whole tool database, I can't really see why anyone would want to import the whole manufacturer's tool database as you probably only own a few of the hundreds of tools that are included which just bloats the database & as you should really set your speed & feed setting to what is appropriate for your machine you are going to be changing the settings you import anyway :lol: :lol:

I only have the tools that I actually own in my database, I don't own that many so it didn't take me a huge amount of time to enter them but then that's just me :lol: :lol: :lol:

As adze_cnc has already mentioned a V-shaped bit with a flat tip should be entered as an engraving bit & is entered using the side angle rather than the included angle. :lol:

This tutorial may explain

fig.11
Model of CNC Machine: CanCam C1-44OT

Post by fig.11 »

Has anyone ever DL'd the tool database from Whiteside lately? I can';t even get to the company page for some reason. Ive been purchasing WS bits lately instead of Amana, copying the Amana Tool db to work from but I'd certainly love a quicker, better way.

greggph
Model of CNC Machine: Joes Hybrid

Post by greggph »

fig.11 wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:09 pm
Has anyone ever DL'd the tool database from Whiteside lately? I can';t even get to the company page for some reason. Ive been purchasing WS bits lately instead of Amana, copying the Amana Tool db to work from but I'd certainly love a quicker, better way.
Link to whiteside tool db is on this page.
https://www.whitesiderouterbits.com/pag ... tool-files
I just accessed it and I was able to download a tool file from the dropbox, so it is working for me.

fig.11
Model of CNC Machine: CanCam C1-44OT

Post by fig.11 »

I wonder whats going on? I just get "Hmmm... Can't reach this page". I'm in Ontario Canada,does that make a difference? As in it's not available in my country?
Could you post the file for DL here?

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

I just downloaded it today.
Attachments
Whiteside Vectric .tool Files.zip
(183.64 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
Steve

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Personally I would always enter the tool data myself. After all the majority of it applies to your particular machine and the materials you're going to use so you'll have to change it anyway.

The Amana tool database has numerous errors that have caught out a few people who have posted on the forum over the years. Hopefully the Whiteside one is better but I would never trust someone else's data entry on my machine without verifying it all so it's quicker to do it myself.

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

One thing to watch out for when entering a tool manually is to not trust the manufacturer too much. The image shows a point round-over bit where the arc is described as being 0.125 inch radius. You think that it was a quarter of a circle. And if you created a form tool thinking that you would be wrong as it is a quarter of an ellipse.

--
Attachments
point-bit.png