Toolpath preview zooming

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
Pretzel Logic
Model of CNC Machine: CNC4Newbies

Toolpath preview zooming

Post by Pretzel Logic »

I'm fairly new to Vectric and have been frustrated by this issue and haven't been able to find a solution. When I generate a toolpath preview I can't zoom in on anywhere but the middle of the project. I want to be able to move the image off center and zoom in on the image at different points so I can make sure i'm getting it right. Can anyone help me with this situation. I haven't found it mentioned in any of the tutorials or I just haven't found the right tutorial yet.

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Re: Toolpath preview zooming

Post by sharkcutup »

What Vectric Software and Version do you have?

Up until the latest Version 11.5 the 3D View was static/motionless as far the user capabilities of moving anything while the preview simulation was in progress. But with the Newer Version now the User can move and zoom to their hearts desire as the Preview is running. Of course that to depends on the amount of toolpaths, Preview Simulation Quality, Preview Speed, etc....

Version 11.5
Using a wheel mouse left and right mouse buttons clicked down together move mouse and it will move project board where you can follow the animated router bit. Mouse wheel to zoom in and out.

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 12.004

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Re: Toolpath preview zooming

Post by adze_cnc »

After the preview has been generated click and hold both mouse buttons together then drag the mouse to pan the object. Release when you found your area of interest. Zoom as normal.

See also the help file entry: View Controls