Printing off of V-carve Pro

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
jimhs
Model of CNC Machine: Nextwave Innovations Shark HD4 Extended

Printing off of V-carve Pro

Post by jimhs »

I have searched YouTube for information about this but have had no luck. Is there a simple and easy way to draw something in
V-carve, and print it out in such a way to fill an 8-1/2 X 11 sheet of printer paper? A lot of the time it is handy for me to take a drawing of what I have created in V-carve out to my CNC machine and have it with me while I'm setting up to carve something. It is also very helpful to me to be able to draw something up in V-carve to make out in my shop, even if it doesn't involve using the CNC. Having all the dimensions at hand is really handy,. V-carve is an excellent program for drawing something up to scale and have the dimensions right in front of you as you are building something. However, when I print it out right off of the program, it is so small I can't read any of it even with my glasses on. The dimensions that I include in some of the drawings are so small I can't even make them out with a magnifying glass because they are so faint. I have seen a couple of ways to do this on YouTube, but it is so difficult, half way through the process they lose me. I would sure like to be able to do this and sure would appreciate any information on doing this. Thanks very much.

Respectfully

Jim
Baker City, Oregon (USA)
P.S. I am using V-carve Pro version 8.0

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Printing off of V-carve Pro

Post by Adrian »

Export the vectors as a PDF file (File menu for export options) and then print to scale using Adobe Acrobat or similar.

The print function in VCarve isn't designed to print to scale. It will print bigger if you zoom in on the view. You can use the Print Preview function to see what it looks like.