Two sided editing

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
firechief
Model of CNC Machine: MachMate

Two sided editing

Post by firechief »

After drawing a part with two sides, then I would like to move it all over to one side of the work area or somewhere... How can I select all the vectors from both sides to move them together, so they stay lined up and orientated.

Thanks
Firechief

pixl8ed
Model of CNC Machine: CNCRP Pro4896, Laguna Smartshop 1

Re: Two sided editing

Post by pixl8ed »

I've been wondering the best way of doing this as well :?:
One way that comes to mind is move the vectors from one side to the other, shift everything, and then move back to the other side.
There's got to be a better way!

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

On the top side, move the objects where you want them, then draw vector around them. In the modeling tools, it's the one with the scissors. Select the vectors then right click and "copy to other side". On the other side, in the drawing tools, under Align Objects, select the "center objects to the last object selected. Then click the components and then the vectors where it will move components inside the copied vectors.

Gary
Attachments
Copy to other side.jpg

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Post by dealguy11 »

I usually just put the vectors from the back into their own set of layers. Move the front, move all vectors as necessary, then turn off all layers except the ones for the back, select visible vectors and move to the back.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost