Vcarve Desktop with Yorahome 3036 issues

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
Tuendal
Model of CNC Machine: Yorahome 3018 pro

Vcarve Desktop with Yorahome 3036 issues

Post by Tuendal »

Hey folks, new to Vcarve (been taking a CNC class which uses this software) and I purchased the Yorahome 3036 (3018 pro with expansion - variation on the Sainsmart 3018 pro). And while I can generate my toolpaths in Vcarve and I tested using Vtransfer to push the g-code to the 3036. What I found was after setting the 0 for x,y, and z. When I tell it to start cutting, the program raises the cutting bit and starts running the program at about 1/8" above the surface of the material. I've double checked my material thickness in the project and it is the same as what was in the saved toolpaths. I thought maybe it was my gcode or cnc machine so i tried the "free" easel software and it seemed to work just fine. I know that this is probably not the most ideal CNC machine, but for learning and with my limited budget (not going into debt) it was the best I could afford for now.

How can I troubleshoot what might be causing the vtransfer or the gcode itself to potentially not recognize the starting at the surface (which is what was set in the vcarve software? I'm trying to get this working with the offline controller so I don't have to leave my laptop in the shop for 15+ hrs while the tool is working away. I'm wanting to learn and understand how it is sending the code and what to look for if things are working, but I'm a bit lost when the program to send the files over appears to be doing something that doesn't appear to be in the "toolpath" at least not that I'm visually seeing.

I did a search on 3018 and didn't really see this issue come up so I'm sure it is probably related to the "operator" but any ideas on what I can go look at to eliminate operator error would be appreciated.

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Re: Vcarve Desktop with Yorahome 3036 issues

Post by adze_cnc »

Tuendal wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:49 am
What I found was after setting the 0 for x,y, and z.
Where are you setting the z = 0 point? If the top of your material then make sure that in the VCarve job setup that the z = 0 location is also set to the top of the material. In short your machine's z=0 and the software's z=0 much match.

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Re: Vcarve Desktop with Yorahome 3036 issues

Post by Rcnewcomb »

In VCarve with your project open go to Edit/Job Size and Position

Look at your settings for Z Zero Position and make sure you use that same place (machine bed or material surface) when you Z-zero your machine before cutting.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 4.57.00 PM.png
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop