Bitmap Help

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
edbradley
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom

Bitmap Help

Post by edbradley »

When i have a drawing and create vectors with the bitmap trace tool, it produces two vectors, one outside the line one inside the line. Is there any SIMPLE way to just have a single line vector?
any tips?
thank you
Ed

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Re: Bitmap Help

Post by Leo »

I don't know of a SIMPLE way. Simple can mean several things.

One way I can think of is just use ONE of those double lines.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Hi Ed,

Choose/select one of the lines and then use the Offset Vector tool to create a new line that is half the distance between the two lines.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

You can also use a centre line trace program of which there are many free ones around or just trace manually. I find the latter is by far the best unless your pictures are very complex.

One thing to bear in mind is that if you are using a v-carve toolpath then the double lines are what you want. I've lost count of the number of people I used to help on Facebook who spent ages trying to get their tracings to be single line and then were stuck as to why they couldn't v-carve them the way they wanted.