Toolpath to multiple objects?

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
Robroy
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ Pacer 5010

Toolpath to multiple objects?

Post by Robroy »

Sorry, I don't know how to word this properly but is there a way to take an object and create a toolpath for it, then make for example 20 more of those same objects and the toolpath that was with the first object copy to all of the other objects?

Thanks in advance!

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Re: Toolpath to multiple objects?

Post by adze_cnc »

Rather than selecting the vectors manually use the "Vector Selector" to select the layer that the vectors are on and choose "associate with toolpath": https://docs.vectric.com/docs/V11.0/VCa ... index.html

Now, no matter what vectors you add to or remove from the layer you just have to recalculate the toolpath and all those vectors currently in the layer will be included in the toolpath.

profile.png

mrmfwilson
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Arty 36

Post by mrmfwilson »

Hi Robroy. If you are trying to cut out multiple copies of an object all you have to do is create the copies of the object and select them all and create a toolpath.
There is no way to copy a toolpath and associate it to a duplicate set of vectors in your project. A single toolpath will be created for all the objects by selecting all the objects that you want to cut in one toolpath. You can make several copies and select them all and create a toolpath that contains all the objects. If they are identical objects the toolpaths created for each one should be the same or very similar. If you want the objects cut in a specific order you can use the "Order" tab on the toolpath form and select the objects in the order that you want them to be in the toolpath. Hope this answers your question.
Mr. Wilson
CenterLine Designs
Facebook - Centerline Designs

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

To illustrate my post about layers (and to add a few other topics to learn about) see the attached file.

I created one pentagon in a layer I called "pentagon". I created a profile toolpath for it called "profile pentagon" using the Vector Selector rather than manually selecting the pentagon. In this toolpath I set the "Cut Depth" to: t+{oc}

t is the thickness of the material and {oc} is a document variable (Edit > Document Variables) which is the amount of "overcutting" into the spoilboard that I want to do to make sure the cut is fully through. Refence to document variable is with the curly brackets {}.

With this you can do one of two things: array the pentagon in a 3x3 array or use "Nesting" to nest 8 copies of the pentagon. Then recalculate the toolpath and you'll see all shapes created are now in that toolpath.

Then delete a shape or two. Recalculate the toolpath and again see that only the remaining pentagons are in the toolpath.
Attachments
pentagon array test.crv
(39.5 KiB) Downloaded 63 times

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Post by dealguy11 »

Can't remember what products include it, but Array Copy Toolpath does something like what you're requesting. You create one or more toolpaths for an object, then you can create an array of those toolpaths to create multiple copies. You don't create multiples of the object, just the toolpaths. They are all identical to the first. This in VCarve Pro and Aspire but I'm not sure if it's in VCarve Desktop.

If you want to use the same toolpaths on multiple objects that are different, then you have to use layers and automatic vector selection in the toolpaths to accomplish that.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost