Vectric and Apple Mac

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
mtr20
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko XXL

Vectric and Apple Mac

Post by mtr20 »

Im assuming Vectric is not compatible with apple computers. Has anyone used Paralles with a Mac computer?

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Vectric and Apple Mac

Post by martin54 »

Lots of people do, have a search on the forum as there was a recent post about using a mac with the new chip, can't remember what it was called, sorry not a mac user anymore :lol: :lol:

This is the one I mentioned, there are other posts about using a mac if you search

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37944

Holzarbeiter
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger SR24

Post by Holzarbeiter »

mtr20 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:53 pm
Im assuming Vectric is not compatible with apple computers. Has anyone used Paralles with a Mac computer?
I have been running Windows under Parallels on my iMac for 10 years or so without any issues whatsoever. I currently am running Aspire V10.5, but my iMac does have the Intel processor. There seems to a few issues running Vectric under a VM on the new Macs with the Apple processors. Im in a holding pattern to update my current iMac until I see some positive reports using Vectric with the new Mac chipset.
FWIW....
Joe

I have a chip on my shoulder....several more in my hair and lots more all over my shop floor.

dohjr
Model of CNC Machine: Millright Mega V XL

Post by dohjr »

Hello! I am a fairly new user to VCarve Desktop. I run it on my iMac M1 processor and Monterey 12.1 with Parallels and Windows 11 virtual environment running VCarve. It works quite well. The Parallels software is very good with sharing of the Windows environment files to the Mac environment with some permissions configuration. You do have to get a good understanding of where the different directories/folders reside but the sharing works well. The performance is also very good.