Uninstall gadgets

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
Leadscrew
Model of CNC Machine: Mantech M25

Uninstall gadgets

Post by Leadscrew »

Hello All,

How do I uninstall gadgets if it is even possible.

Thanks

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Uninstall gadgets

Post by Adrian »

Depends where they were installed.

Some people install them in the ProgramData area which isn't really the right place for 3rd party gadgets. You can get there by going to the File menu and choosing Open Application Data folder. The gadgets are within the Gadgets folder.

3rd party gadgets should really be in the Public Documents folder instead. The default path for that on most versions of Windows is "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Vectric Files\Gadgets" and within there a folder for each version of the software.

Removing the gadget from there is the same either way.

Depending on how the gadget was setup you may see a file that matches the gadget name at the top level or it might be a folder instead or even both. Either way delete the file and/or folder to remove the gadget. Obviously worth taking backups first in case you mess it up and I wouldn't recommend removing gadgets that come as standard with the software.

Leadscrew

Post by Leadscrew »

Hi Thanks for your reply, I have got what I want out of the public documents folder but I can't find the application folder in win 10, do I need administrator rights to see it or is it hiding where I haven't looked yet, can you point me at it if so.

Thanks

Dave

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Leadscrew wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:16 am
Hi Thanks for your reply, I have got what I want out of the public documents folder but I can't find the application folder in win 10, do I need administrator rights to see it or is it hiding where I haven't looked yet, can you point me at it if so.
You get to it from the File menu in whatever Vectric product you're using and choosing Open Application Data folder. If you're doing that and still can't see it then it must be permission settings in Windows but I haven't seen that happen before.

Leadscrew

Post by Leadscrew »

Hi Yes that is where I thought it would be but that file doesn't show so it must be a permissions thing, I'll delve into it.

Thanks

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

The actual windows path that link goes to is C:\ProgramData\Vectric and the subfolder within that for whichever product you have.

ProgramData is a hidden folder by default so unless you have Windows Explorer set to show Hidden Files and Folders you won't see it.

The File menu link should bypass that though.

Leadscrew

Post by Leadscrew »

Now sorted, it was indeed a hidden file, I had some incorrect versions of gadgets in there that I wanted out.

Thanks Adrain