Tool Database

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
kwflateau
Model of CNC Machine: Bob's E3 CNC

Tool Database

Post by kwflateau »

I seem to have lost all info in my tool database. Is there a way to recover the file? I did not have a backup (went from 9.0 to 9.5) Desktop version. Any help would be appreciated.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Tool Database

Post by Adrian »

Did you uninstall v9? If not the tool database will still be there and you copy it over by using the Migrate option on the Help menu in 9.5.

How come you've only just gone from 9 to 9.5? The current version is 11 and 9.5 hasn't been sold for a long time.

kwflateau
Model of CNC Machine: Bob's E3 CNC

Post by kwflateau »

I have been unable to get to the CNC machine for quite a long time due to work schedules and life. Now trying to get back to the machine and have had nothing but issues with it due to having lost the tools. it's very frustrating.

If I purchase the upgrade to version 11, will the tools data base be there? Will I have to uninstall the older versions of Vectric Desktop?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

You don't have to uninstall the older versions as they won't conflict. It's always best to not uninstall until you've done the migration from one version to another and verified it's working.

The tool database in V11 is very different to that in V9 with cloud backup/restore, support for multiple materials, multiple machines and inheritance of basic tool setup information.

Your original tool database won't be there as it only exists on your PC in V9, there was no cloud backup in that version. If you've uninstalled V9 and have no backups then you've lost any additions you've made. When you uninstall there is a warning displayed that you will lose that information unless you back it up first.