Pro 11 how do you move ToolPaths to new Sheets

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
nixman
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko

Pro 11 how do you move ToolPaths to new Sheets

Post by nixman »

Sheets is awesome thanks Vectric for adding that, I have so many projects stung out in different files, make life easier.

So create my job and I create a Sheet, but I created the ToolPaths on the other sheet. How do I move the toolpath I already created for that other sheet to the new sheet.

My scenario, creating a 2 sided job but I won't specifically need 2 side cutting. Just need the ability to see the other side to line up my cuts and holes, works great. But when I do the Tool paths on that sheet. Then create a new sheet to move that side do a mass cut, it doesn't move the tool paths with it when I copy it to a new sheet. Can't find a way to move all of it at once.

I hope there is a way to make it so, 2 sided is great mocking up but want those tool paths to move to a new sheet.

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Re: Pro 11 how do you move ToolPaths to new Sheets

Post by dealguy11 »

On the first sheet, put your vectors into layers by toolpath. Now use the "Vector Selection" function in each toolpath to assign each toolpath to the appropriate layer. Once you've assigned all the toolpaths, select all of them and save as a toolpath template. Create the vectors on the other sheets, making sure you assign the vectors to the appropriate layers. Once that's done, open the toolpath template you created. It will ask if you want to apply he template to all sheets. Click yes, and you'll be set.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

Tex_Lawrence
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko3XXL; JTech7W; V-CarvePro 12.004

Post by Tex_Lawrence »

Tragically, with Vcarve Desktop, we get the Sheets feature, but they still withhold the Toolpath Template feature. So, the newly obtained usefulness is mostly limited. :(
Tex — Crooked Wood Products
Now there's a man with an open mind – you can feel the breeze from here.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

You can create toolpaths on sheets without templates. Just associate with vectors and recalculate all.

Tex_Lawrence
Vectric Wizard

Post by Tex_Lawrence »

Well, yeah, one can create them but the question was "how do you move ToolPaths to new Sheets"?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Tex_Lawrence wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:49 am
Well, yeah, one can create them but the question was "how do you move ToolPaths to new Sheets"?
It does move to sheets doing it that way provided you have the correct options set. I've been doing it that way for years.

Set "Select Sheets When Edit Toolpath" to No in Options. Create the toolpaths and calculate for a sheet and save. Now go to another sheet and press recalculate all and all the relevant toolpaths appear on that sheet and can be saved.

Tex_Lawrence
Vectric Wizard

Post by Tex_Lawrence »

Thank you, Adrian. That's the tip I was missing. I hope that helps nixman with the same problem.

Maybe if I re-quote the tip it will stick in my mind. :D

"Set 'Select Sheets When Edit Toolpath' to No in Options. Create the toolpaths and calculate for a sheet and save. Now go to another sheet and press recalculate all and all the relevant toolpaths appear on that sheet and can be saved. - Adrian"

Afterthought: Perhaps that's why Sheet 0 naming is good to have. Sort of a workspace Sheet for creating toolpaths before assigning them to the appropriate Sheet? :?

priority
Model of CNC Machine: Avid PRO4896

Post by priority »

Thank you Adrian!

I have VCarve Pro, so I have used tool templates numerous times. However, today, I needed to re-cut one part out of complex design and this was a super simple way and faster than exporting and importing a toolpath template. Not sure I would have ever figured this option out without your post!