We are delighted to announce the release of Cut2D Desktop & Pro V10.5!
If you are running version 10, your free upgrade has been credited to your V&Co account automatically. To access your 10.5 software, simply sign into your V&CO account using your registered email address and click on ‘DOWNLOAD your software’.
Alternatively, If you are not entitled to a free upgrade, you can purchase the upgrade to Cut2D Desktop V10.5 for $50 USD or Cut2D Pro V10.5 for $110 USD.
To see all of the new and enhanced features in action, click below to watch our short ‘What’s new’ videos:
Version 10.5 has some impressive enhancements to existing features, as well as some exciting brand-new features including;
- Drag Snipping - You can interactively snip overlapping vectors simply by dragging your mouse along the intersections you want to remove! Meaning you no longer have to click on each individual span, making the process much quicker.
- Improved Polyline Tool - We have improved the way in which the 'draw polyline' tool works, where you now have the added option to draw in bezier spans interactively, enabling you to create smooth and straight lines from within the same tool and dynamically adjust the curvature of your smooth curves.
- Dynamic setting of rectangle corner radii in the 2D view - When you’re in the rectangle form you can dynamically adjust the radii by dragging the corners inside or outside of the shape.
- Improved sharp corner offsetting - We've made improvements to the way that we handle sharp corners when we offset vectors to give results which are more visually pleasing.
- Thread Milling toolpath – This brand new toolpath allows you to machine internal and external threads for standard and custom sized bolts in a variety of materials.
- Multi-Tool pocketing - The pocket toolpath and the female inlay pocket toolpath now support multiple clearance tools for more efficient area clearance.
- Toolpath Group Improvements - Handling ‘toolpath groups’ has been made much more straightforward. You can now select, save and simulate toolpath groups. Or use them in a toolpath template.
- Toolpath Tab Auto placement - By default tabs will be positioned to avoid corners and curved regions, minimizing the need for manual adjustment.
- Toolpath Batch Saving - Now you can output multiple visible toolpaths to separate files in just one click! Along with the ability to output toolpaths together so that you can save your toolpaths in as few files as possible!
- Stopped repeated retracts and plunges- In the profile toolpath we have stopped repeated retracts and plunges when cutting on open vectors to reduce machining times and make the whole process more efficient.
- Optimise link-up moves between open contours - We have optimized the link up moves between open contours when the cutting direction doesn't matter allowing for more efficient machining with reduced machining times.
- Ctrl + Drag in tool database - For ease of use we have added the ability to copy tools in the tool database by simply selecting to the tool along with the CTRL key and dragging your new tool into position ready for editing
- Calculate All Visible - We have now added in a further right click option to calculate all visible toolpaths allowing you to update only the required toolpaths.
- Saving Merged Toolpaths in a Toolpath Template (Cut2D Pro Only) - We now have the ability to save a merged toolpath within a toolpath template ensuring that all template jobs that you create retain the parameters originally set out, enabling you to get the next job done efficiently.
- Job Templates - Save your commonly use file settings, such as width, height and machining parameters as templates.
If you run Cut2D on a computer without internet access, you can still access your account and download version 10.5 from any other internet enabled computer by visiting the V&Co site directly using your web browser
Please note: V10.5 is a complete installation that will install alongside and independently of your existing software. Once you've installed V10.5, your previous version will still be available so make sure you are running the latest version by checking the text in the main window title bar (top-left). As soon as you are happy with your update, you can go ahead and uninstall your previous version.
Forgotten your V&Co password?
Just follow the forgotten password link under password entry box on the V&Co login page to reset it.
Forgotten your V&Co username?
This is usually the email address you registered with us when you first purchased your software. If you're still not sure, follow the link to email support and we can help you get back up and running.
Enjoy V10.5 from everyone at Vectric