heartpine

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

heartpine

Post by gravirozo »

hello

last week i was work on interior works in a local company....
i made these plates as the logos of company... the owner likes "oldlooking" woodwork... that's the reason for heartpine...

from 2001-2004 i worked for him, to make his furniture for his house...
the last supper will be a part of a mirrorframe... about size... the house average inside height around 16 feet... some part higher.... so all furniture a little tall....

thanks
viktor
Attachments
GEDC0731.JPG
GEDC0732.JPG
GEDC0733.JPG

moto633
Vectric Wizard

Re: heartpine

Post by moto633 »

Very nice! Will you be making the rest of the mirror? I would like to see that finished.

Thanks,
Nick

Also how long did it take to mill the last supper?

jhop
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: DIY

Post by jhop »

That is fantastic. I don't know anything about heartpine, but the select pine I have used does not cut clean like this.
Very nice!

Jim

gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

Post by gravirozo »

hello

this time a little busy...

nick, monday, next week probably we will work on the mirror...my friend started out ... however i may have to finish... this customer has a full woodshop at his land... i was work there years, on his furniture... he bought some old library and a few couple of truckload heart pine... most material very old... i had to take apart the still assembled parts and buil "new" furniture of..

so very probably they want i finish...

the work, i used z level rough about 2 hour, and finish about 7 hour... the finish i restarted because of endmill... i was not sure it will take all... so i swapped for a new..

i used 1800mm/min for finish pass..1/16 bit...

jim... if wood is dry really, with good bit and feed very minimal the fuzzy... tonight i run some basswood... i will post after ready, before sanding...

what i see really, about 0.2-0.25 mm per pass which one already "disappear" for eyes.. and the speed? i tried 100-120 ipm... i did not like the result... on a 12x12 picture you can spend easy hours to sanding ... so i just let the router do that...

another thing is, the hss works better on pine... for me...

thanks for the kindly words
viktor

jim, try from lowes the "white pine"... for me worked good...

glenn
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: home brew 40x20

Post by glenn »

Viktor,
Beautiful work!
Glenn

gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

Post by gravirozo »

hello

thank you glenn... you know the pine could built america... so i think it is pretty good for any woodwork... if you use the right tenon-mortising.. a table can be together hundred of years, of pine...

thanks
viktor

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

Viktor, the grain on the last supper really looks nice. Good job on the carving, although I have seen it many times I still get a kick out of how nice it carves.
Cheers,
James

gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

Post by gravirozo »

hello

i think, it is the one of the best of your library... this was the first i bought... i like jule's models... they are really the gems of your library...

thanks
viktor

gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

Post by gravirozo »

hello

eventually i did not finish, the customer made it with his friend... they used the old heartpine stuff that came out of an old library...
on the side of the frame, the "ornaments" were decorating on the shelves...
last week they called me back for the crownmould and figure out some corbels... i worked in this "shop" about four years long... while the owner house was built... if i get permission for i will post some picture about furnitures, bathroom i made...

some picture shows the shop... it is for the owner's hobby...

thanks
viktor

te letters on the preview, the owner's initials..
Attachments
frame.JPG
shop   .JPG
front.jpg