First Aspire project - Eagle

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
nailzscott

First Aspire project - Eagle

Post by nailzscott »

I posted this on the Shopbot forum a month or so ago. It is made from an Aspire graphic in Walnut and only has a clear sealer with matte poly.
Attachments
EagleSignLargeStained.jpg
EagleSignLargeStained2.jpg

johnnydoughey
Vectric Craftsman

Re: First Aspire project - Eagle

Post by johnnydoughey »

Beautiful work...
I was surprised, though. The walnut, to me looks just like curly redwood. I never knew they looked so similar...

nailzscott

Re: First Aspire project - Eagle

Post by nailzscott »

Thanks. Interesting that you mention curly redwood. I bought a huge batch of wood from a guy who's father was a woodworker many years back and had a large collection. The man knew that much of it was walnut, and he thought that this section was, but he also thought that a bunch was cherry. I wish I could tell the difference. I have some slabs that are roughly 2 to 3 inches thick, 10 to 12 wide and 10' long, but only some of the smaller chunks have the curly look. I'll post another one here of the same wood, same design, only a different section. There where several that all look like they were cust from the same slab of the tree, but this one did not have the curly look and had more of the 'white' top and bottom edges. They are actually quite a bit whiter than the better shows. The variations in colors and grains is pretty broad.
Attachments
Eagle2.jpg