A Little Pedestal Table

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

A Little Pedestal Table

Post by 4DThinker »

I had a 3" square by 10" long block of red oak on my rotary axis for the last 3 months or so just waiting to decide what it wanted to be. Inspired by a thread on a woodworking forum the oak block agreed with me that it could be the center post of this 18" tall and 16" diameter table.
Final leg and top3.jpg
All parts and also the joinery between them were cut on my CNC with toolpaths generated by Aspire 10.5. Only a little rounding of edges done with my trim router and the sanding was done after the parts came off the CNC.
I'll have a story about all the steps used on my blog after I get the table stained (cherry stain on red oak) and finished.
4D

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Re: A Little Pedestal Table

Post by SteveNelson46 »

I like it. Looking forward to reading about how you did it on your blog.
Steve

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Post by scottp55 »

Only 3 months 4D ?
Fairly fast thinking chunk of Oak! :):)

The two of you did nicely!!
scott
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard

Post by 4DThinker »

Thanks Scott. I think mainly the chunk of oak was just getting tired of sitting there getting sawdust on it every time I used my CNC for other projects.
I do have to admit now that I'm retired it is usually the wood that inspires the project to use it for. I knew all along that nice chunk of oak could become something stylish. That's why I put it on my rotary axis to be ready. My rotary axis got more regular use while I was teaching as I would bring home student project boards that needed some CNC work I could do. Many tapered legs, a few baseball bats, some very stylish period table legs, etc..

4D

Savannahdan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR8

Post by Savannahdan »

Nice looking table. I'll be glad to see it completed with stain, sanding and finish coat. Also, thank you for posting a picture large enough that I can see it with my glasses.

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Post by sharkcutup »

Interesting Table Style!

Be sure to post photo(s) of completed with the finish. Will be interested in seeing how the Cherry Stain looks on Red Oak!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard

Post by 4DThinker »

Stain ordered from Amazon will arrive Thursday. I should have blog post with photos up by Saturday. Color should look like the finish on my folding lounge chair in this blog post: https://4dfurniture.blogspot.com/2022/0 ... nning.html
4D