Another Angel

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Another Angel

Post by garylmast »

My wife liked the one I gave my 82-year-old neighbor, so I decided to make another one, but a little larger. I used Five 2" x 8" x 8' Douglas fir boards. Since I was going to burn up a lot of wood, I decided to go the less expensive wood. Size is 21" Tall x 20" wide. Because of all the splice marks, I'm debating whether to apply the Bronze Metal coating on it or not, or just stain it.

Gary
Attachments
Wooden Angel 1.jpg
Wooden Angel 2.jpg

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Re: Another Angel

Post by Phil »

Impressive!!

Phil

Creation in Wood
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Maverick ATC 4x8 CNC

Post by Creation in Wood »

Well done Gary
Thank You
Doug

rjhorky
Model of CNC Machine: HD4

Post by rjhorky »

garylmast wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:10 pm
My wife liked the one I gave my 82-year-old neighbor, so I decided to make another one, but a little larger. I used Five 2" x 8" x 8' Douglas fir boards. Since I was going to burn up a lot of wood, I decided to go the less expensive wood. Size is 21" Tall x 20" wide. Because of all the splice marks, I'm debating whether to apply the Bronze Metal coating on it or not, or just stain it.

Gary
Gary, I would like to make one/two of these. Can you share more details on how to, files, etc. Are plans/models available somewhere? I would private message you but don't see how to on this site. Thanks,

Bob

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

To send a private message, log on, then next to your name you'll see the private message tab.

There were no plans. It was a free OBJ file I download from Thingiverse. I used Zbrush, Netfabb, and Rhino to merge, slice and sort the model, then converted it a stl file so it could be imported into Aspire. Since it was a free model, I don't see why I can't share the files. Send me a private message with your email and I'll send the Aspire files. It will take multiple emails to include all the files.

Gary

Bob Reda
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: shopbot 48x48 upgraded prt

Post by Bob Reda »

Nice, Very nice

Bob

rjhorky
Model of CNC Machine: HD4

Post by rjhorky »

garylmast wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:27 pm
To send a private message, log on, then next to your name you'll see the private message tab.

There were no plans. It was a free OBJ file I download from Thingiverse. I used Zbrush, Netfabb, and Rhino to merge, slice and sort the model, then converted it a stl file so it could be imported into Aspire. Since it was a free model, I don't see why I can't share the files. Send me a private message with your email and I'll send the Aspire files. It will take multiple emails to include all the files.

Gary
I have no private message tab. I see know way to contact the administrators. I am logged on and can see my profile with has a private message tab that says it is turned off by the administrators. Very frustrating.
Bob

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

rjhorky, send me an email: garylmast@earthlink.net
Gary