Car and Truck Show Trophies

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
CarveOne
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home built designs - 3'x4' and 5'x12'

Car and Truck Show Trophies

Post by CarveOne »

I was asked by the owner of the business that painted my truck last year to make a couple of trophies for their first ever Truck and Car Show to be held on 9-4-2021. He and a couple of his employees are making 23 more trophies using plasma cut sheet metal flames and checkered flags and car and truck parts that are painted. This is being done in conjunction with the small town's events being held this weekend.

He asked for some cartoon-ish carvings of kids on the Kid's Choice trophy and car and truck carvings on the Best Interior trophy. They were delivered on Wednesday, and his trophies should be completed today. The small truck was purchased locally and is attached to the top edge with Velcro pads. The theme is - kids are dancing to the dog playing a four string guitar because someone won their trophy. The black flags are plasma cut and spray painted gloss black.

My truck was entered when he first mentioned having the event a few months ago. :D

Richard
Attachments
20210831_084057_resized.jpg
20210831_084150_resized.jpg
20210831_084310_resized.jpg
CarveOne
http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

Tex_Lawrence
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko3XXL; JTech7W; V-CarvePro 12.004

Re: Car and Truck Show Trophies

Post by Tex_Lawrence »

CarveOne wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:49 pm
... The black flags are plasma cut and spray painted gloss black....
Looks real nice, Richard. I'm curious what you mean be "plasma", because I'm thinking laser when I see the trophies.
Tex — Crooked Wood Products
Now there's a man with an open mind – you can feel the breeze from here.

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Post by scottp55 »

"open image in new tab" and then zoom in Tex....steel(?) painted and then screwed into wood.

Looking good Richard!
Paint Infill in your parts?

Did you make an extra one for you to fill in for your Truck?? :) :)
Sounds like a fun day! :)
scott
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

Tex_Lawrence
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko3XXL; JTech7W; V-CarvePro 12.004

Post by Tex_Lawrence »

Steel overlay! How unique is that!!??
Tex — Crooked Wood Products
Now there's a man with an open mind – you can feel the breeze from here.

CarveOne
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home built designs - 3'x4' and 5'x12'

Post by CarveOne »

Thanks Tex and Scott. The metal flag is attached in four places with a shortened brad nail, then painted gloss black also. It's not as obvious as a small screw would be, which was my first thought. A lady won the Kids Choice trophy and a man won the best interior trophy. They both gave me some nice compliments on my trophy designs afterwards. I was called up front to award these two trophies myself and I was also given credit for making them by the business owner during the announcements.

I received two plastic logo gifts and a larger corrugated logo sign to use in their second car and truck show next year. I had five of my guitars on display at my truck that were just something else for the attendees to look at. They were big hits with quite a few folks. Lotsa compliments on the guitars and the truck. Couldn't have been a better day for the show other than a being bright sunny day and a bit too hot. I'll make more trophies for it next time too.

I guess next year I will have to have a lift kit installed to jack it up and lower it to the ground to get a real nice trophy. (Maybe when I win the state lottery.)

The 1/16" thick steel flags were cut with a high voltage plasma arc cutter mounted to a specially built water table CNC machine. I have a portable one in my home workshop but it is hand operated.

Richard
CarveOne
http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Post by scottp55 »

Glad you got some recognition...and Glad you got some on your beautiful Guitars Richard!! :D
"And a good time was had by All." :)
scott
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.