World Emoji Day

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
slowoodworker
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: CNCRouterparts Benchtop Pro

World Emoji Day

Post by slowoodworker »

Found two years of emojis, so I did this bouquet (but forgot to flip one over).😜
Did it as a two sided project. Total thickness is about 1/2"-5/8". Made from 3/4" scrap pine.
Attachments
Emoji bouquet 1
Emoji bouquet 1
Emoji bouquet 2
Emoji bouquet 2

Creation in Wood
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Maverick ATC 4x8 CNC

Re: World Emoji Day

Post by Creation in Wood »

Cool
Thank You
Doug

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

they look great, I never finished mine, cut them from MDF & pained but painting is something that I am not very good at so they ended up in the scrap :oops: :oops: :oops:

Todd Bailey
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CraftCNC

Post by Todd Bailey »

Love those!!!! They look so great and what a nice idea to put them on sticks and in a jar!!!!

Very nice use of the free project! If anyone else is interested here is a link to the D&M models that are completely free (if you have a D&M account). https://store.designandmake.com/search/search/?q=emoji

Thanks so much for taking the time to share!
------------------------------------
Todd Bailey | Design and Make
DesignAndMake.com

monalek49
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

Post by monalek49 »

Hi Todd,
I like the project ideas but need some help setting up the emoji file for cutting.
Here are my questions
I am seeking some help again. I want to cut the free DM emojis. I have some scrap clear pine that is about .75 inches thick.
I have imported the emoji files. I can get the emoji file into the modeling tab. My difficulty is deciding how thick the base should be and the model height . So I settled on .20 for the base height and overall height of .53 for the project. I want to set the Z height to table base.
My difficulty is cutting the emoji out. I seem confused on how to set up a profile cut on the border of the emoji. It is not a perfect circle. The sunglass edge sticks out a bit.
I also do not under stand the message when run the 3d finishing program that states Large Machining Allowance selected.
Not sure what this means. I am also wondering what to set the rest Machining to. I would like to not have to sand to much.
Any advice or tips and help is greatly appreciated.