More Koru Fibonacci

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
Soapyjoe
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Heiz High Z Machine German manufacture

More Koru Fibonacci

Post by Soapyjoe »

Hi,
Jut out of interest I am now including a photograph which goes a long way explaining how my model was constructed
Attachments
Koru Fibonacci  02.jpg

Tailmaker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home Built 4-axis Router

Re: More Koru Fibonacci

Post by Tailmaker »

I see what you did and the result looks great. Question for me is why not cut it from one piece? Was it material saving or machine size?
Puzzle, Finger Joint, Maze and Guilloche freeware at https://fabrikisto.com/tailmaker-software/

Soapyjoe
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Heiz High Z Machine German manufacture

Post by Soapyjoe »

Thanks for your interest
Good and very relevant question!!
If I had slightly reduced the size of the model I could have machined it in one piece.
My machine is fairly compact with a 400mm X 300mm X 110mm working area.
I could have purchased a block of suitable material but, to be quite truthful, I was, and still are, unsure how stable a shape such as this would be when cut from solid, I would be very disappointed if it started started to warp!
Quite a few years ago I made a similar construction (see attachment) but this was mainly lathe/chop-saw work.
When I started the Koru-Fibonacci project I had not intended to paint it (I really wanted a similar look to the segmented anulus) but as things progressed I became a little disappointed with the appearance of the exposed end-grain.
Whilst on a recent holiday I saw a similar shape beautifully crafted from solid granite and decided to attempt to copy the granite effect ... I would have liked the green cast to have been a little darker but as anyone who has done much painting knows a little is better than too much.
Attachments
Segmented 01.JPG

Creation in Wood
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Maverick ATC 4x8 CNC

Post by Creation in Wood »

That looks like a challenge
Thank You
Doug