Old Logo - New Tricks! (Dragknife Acrylic)

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
wood_fly
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR8 Pro V5+Jetch Laser+Rotary

Old Logo - New Tricks! (Dragknife Acrylic)

Post by wood_fly »

A friend helps another friend restore Corsair aircraft.

Have you seen the add where a couple sits down with the home designer, the wife hands him a bath fixture and says "design a house around this"? Well, this guy has custom milled entire aircraft with less...simply amazing!

Friend 1 saw that I made our airlines logo in plastic with a drag knife and asked if I could do this for friend 2...piece of cake. Off to TAP plastics, check out the cutoff bin: 4" x 20" x 1" thick - OOOH, I can work with this! But I have to cut it. Turns out the muli-tooth high angle plywood blades work pretty well with Acrylic. Then, a headlight restoration kit (Mothers) works really well to polish to edges. A quick internet search for lights and then a piece of "thermally stabilized" Poplar for the base (that's worth a whole other thread) and Voila! 8 selectable solid colors or it can flash/fade (the LED's were only $2!) I hope he likes it!
PXL_20210526_213716872.jpg

scotttarnor
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha XL , Shark HD520

Re: Old Logo - New Tricks! (Dragknife Acrylic)

Post by scotttarnor »

Awesome !
$2 LED’s where did you find them ?
Scott T

@scottscnc

wood_fly
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR8 Pro V5+Jetch Laser+Rotary

Re: Old Logo - New Tricks! (Dragknife Acrylic)

Post by wood_fly »

XSTRON.COM. Said it would take a couple weeks but they arrived sooner than that. I got the 10 mm version which is USB powered in 10" long strips.

Pretty cool.