2021 User Group Meeting - San Diego

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Re: 2021 User Group Meeting - San Diego

Post by Rcnewcomb »

I assumed it was a misspelling, and that you were actually going to deliver your presentation while walking on a treadmill.
Attachments
treadmill.png
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

MarkL
Model of CNC Machine: Avid 4848 Pro CNC

Post by MarkL »

Treadmill... Yeah, that's it...
Double check, triple check, measure, measure, cut...

MarkLindsayCNC

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

MarkL wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:52 am
Treadmill... Yeah, that's it...
:-D :-D
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

milt8570
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

Post by milt8570 »

Hello All,

New to the group and was wondering if there was anyone in the DFW, TX area?

Take care & have fun.
Milton

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

New to the group and was wondering if there was anyone in the DFW, TX area?
This map shows some of the users: ->Link
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

scotttarnor
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha XL , Shark HD520

Post by scotttarnor »

Well I won’t be making it this year now 😟. We have a family trip planned around the original dates and now that they have changed I cannot ask 5 other individuals to change all their reservations to accommodate me, so disappointed 😔!
Attachments
2B75C4DF-8B4E-4806-85B2-122C3AEF096B.png
Scott T

@scottscnc

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: xxx

Post by Stephanie Downing »

After a lot of consideration, we have once again had to make the difficult decision to postpone our upcoming User Group Meeting, which was due to be held at the Double Tree Hilton hotel in San Diego on 10th & 11th September 2021.

This decision has not been taken lightly, having already postponed the event once, we were keeping our fingers crossed to be able to go ahead with the meeting this year to finally bring our community together again for another incredible user group meeting. Just as it was last year, the health and safety of our attendees, partners and staff always will be, our number one priority and with the restrictions on travel to the US still in place unfortunately our hands are tied and we can not run the event this year.

We have been working very closely with the hotel’s events team to re-arrange our event and we are thrilled to announce our User Group Meeting has been rescheduled to go ahead on the new dates – 23rd and 24th September 2022 at the same Double Tree Hilton Hotel in San Diego. We really hope these new dates are agreeable to you and you can join us next year for an even bigger and better meeting.

For those of you who have purchased a ticket for our 2020 or 2021 User Group Meeting and would like to keep those tickets for the new dates in 2022, you need not worry, the tickets will be transferred to the new dates and you do not need to take any further action.

If you are unable to attend the new 2022 dates, your ticket is refundable, simply email sales@vectric.com from the email address you used to book your ticket to request your refund. We will process your refund as quickly as possible, however we anticipate some delays due to the current situation, we appreciate your patience while we process your request.

If you paid via PayPal, please ensure you confirm the PayPal email address you used to make the original payment within your refund email, as this will help us to speed up the refund process.

If you have booked a room at the hotel for the 2021 meeting dates, you are eligible to cancel your booking at no charge. To cancel your reservation please follow the 'cancel your booking' link in the confirmation email you received from the Hilton hotel. Alternatively you can contact the hotel's customer support team here: https://help.hilton.com/s/contactsupport

Please be aware, if you do not cancel your hotel reservation your booking will remain valid for the 2021 dates and you will be charged.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you and truely hope this time next year there are no travel restrictions and we are able to see you all again.

Thanks
Stephanie
Last edited by Stephanie Downing on Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

scotttarnor wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:39 pm
Well I won’t be making it this year now 😟. We have a family trip planned around the original dates and now that they have changed I cannot ask 5 other individuals to change all their reservations to accommodate me, so disappointed 😔!
Hi Scott,

We are so sorry to hear you are disappointed with the postponement, we too are saddened that we will not be able to make it over to see you all again this year :(

Unfortunately as it stands we are not able to travel to the US from the UK to host our event and we can't risk waiting until the very last minute to see if these restrictions have changed by September.

We really hope that these restrictions are not in place at all next year and that we are able to see you all again very soon.

scotttarnor
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha XL , Shark HD520

Post by scotttarnor »

Stephanie please do not take it as I am disappointed with You or the Vectric staff, I know these are difficult times and I am sure you are all doing your best. I am sorry if my original post made it look like my disappointment was directed at you or your staff that was not my intent.
Scott T

@scottscnc

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

scotttarnor wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:20 pm
Stephanie please do not take it as I am disappointed with You or the Vectric staff, I know these are difficult times and I am sure you are all doing your best. I am sorry if my original post made it look like my disappointment was directed at you or your staff that was not my intent.
Thank you for your reply Scott, we really appreciate your understanding. It is a very tricky time to navigate when there are so many restrictions and very limited warning when it comes to those restrictions changing.

We are keeping everything crossed that 2022 will be the year we can all finally put this behind us :)

Have a lovely day

MikeSibley
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Avid Pro 4896 Rotary Axis

Post by MikeSibley »

I'm bailing too. I've already paid for airplane for me and my wife, so your postponement will cost me $200-300 more to go if everything else is even. This certainly isn't worth it so I am going to bail out and request a refund.

This is what happens when you hold something in such a nutty place as California.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage

Post by mtylerfl »

MikeSibley wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:54 pm
...This is what happens when you hold something in such a nutty place as California.
Hi Mike,

I believe the cancellation of the in-person UG is due to the current and future wildly unpredictable UK travel restrictions (or any other province, state or country’s either).

The upside of the online UG is we get 3 days of training (Sept. 9, 10, 11) instead of 2, the cost to attend is zero, it’s accessible to anyone with internet service anywhere in the world, the UG training can be viewed live or at a later time as convenient, no hotel costs, no travel costs, no parking or food costs, etc.

Plus, we don’t have to wear any “maskee pads” :D
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC

Sliverfoot
Model of CNC Machine: CNCRP 4896

Post by Sliverfoot »

I can't wait ti tell my wife that we threw away $600 in aitfare.
Only those who risk going too far
Can possibly find out how far one can go.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage

Post by mtylerfl »

Sliverfoot wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:34 pm
Double-check with your airline for refund policy. My wife and I have cancelled two cruises and three airline trip reservations and were able to get full refunds or credit (in one case) from all.

Hopefully, you can too!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC

MikeSibley
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Avid Pro 4896 Rotary Axis

Post by MikeSibley »

Sliverfoot wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:34 pm
I'm out $800 and it is not refundable. I can use the funds in the next 12-months so I guess we're going to the mountains for Christmas! Snow? What's snow? We live on the Gulf Coast!