Iron Man Theme Guitar

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
CarveOne
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home built designs - 3'x4' and 5'x12'

Iron Man Theme Guitar

Post by CarveOne »

The file used to create the top panel is available on the Thingiverse website and is used under the Creative Commons license for this guitar. Sandy Eggo says he created it in Aspire. :) Maybe he will approve if he sees this. Hope so.

This design is carved 0.020" deep with a new Whiteside 1540 60 degree carbide V-bit. The four sound holes are the eyes and the top of the head and chin. There is fiberglass screen painted red or light blue glued to the back side of the 1/8" 5 ply birch plywood top panel. This makes the holes less visible while still letting the sound volume be adequate without an amplifier. the gold, red, and light blue colors are hand painted. The dark stain is my usual treatment for V-carved projects. It has two piezo disks under the panel, one near each end of the bridge, wired in parallel. The angled wooden salad bowl is the body, the fret board is Padauk, the spacer board is black walnut, the neck is red oak with some figure in it. The output level control knob is the head that was removed from an Iron Man toy that I bought just for this guitar project and was epoxied to the potentiometer shaft so that normal volume the face can be seen by the (if any) audience. The winged Iron Man vectors were copied and re-used to make the tail piece design. I used 25 each #4 brass flat head screws to mount the top panel to the bowl and for the fret markers. I used three each #6 brass flat head screws to mount the tailpiece to the bowl. There is no discernible buzz so far.

Next week this guitar will be added to to my collection in the Roanoke Valley Veterans Museum in Roanoke Rapids, NC to be on display for 8 months or so.
Attachments
Iron Man Guitar - 1.jpg
Iron Man Guitar - 2.jpg
Iron Man Guitar - 3.jpg
Iron Man Guitar - 4.jpg
CarveOne
http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

Savannahdan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR8

Re: Iron Man Theme Guitar

Post by Savannahdan »

Another of your fine works of art. I have that pattern and haven't had time to cut it. I picked up a different color of stain on a past project that I might try on it when I do cut it. Anyway, thank you for posting and telling up about it.

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Post by scottp55 »

Another Beautiful Piece Richard!! :)

I see you're still in "Decapitation" mode :D
That same stump is certainly in "Decomposing" mode :D

Well Done Sir!!
scott
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

CarveOne
Vectric Wizard

Post by CarveOne »

Savannahdan wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:46 pm
Another of your fine works of art. I have that pattern and haven't had time to cut it. I picked up a different color of stain on a past project that I might try on it when I do cut it. Anyway, thank you for posting and telling up about it.
Thanks much Dan,
The version I downloaded from his website had some open vectors that needed closing. Not a serious problem though. He says that the version that is on Thingiverse has been corrected. I didn't realize he created the file around 2017. This has been an eye opener locally. Have had three offers to buy it, and I declined. The first was from a nephew that is an avid Iron Man fan according to him. He may get it as a gift when I get it back from the museum next year. Family before money is my creed.
CarveOne

CarveOne
Vectric Wizard

Post by CarveOne »

scottp55 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:56 pm
Another Beautiful Piece Richard!! :)

I see you're still in "Decapitation" mode :D
That same stump is certainly in "Decomposing" mode :D

Well Done Sir!!
scott
Thanks Scott,

Only for a plastic toy that fits the project's theme, sir. Real people are safe. All those brass screws fit the theme also, though it may not be obvious. "If you mess with Iron Man, you might ......." :shock:

The stump has been a good photo background for my project photos. There is a fire ant mound all around it now also. Gotta find another place to use soon.
CarveOne