Azteca Star Wars Guitar

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
CarveOne
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home built designs - 3'x4' and 5'x12'

Azteca Star Wars Guitar

Post by CarveOne »

The top panel design is by David Gonzales and can be found on page 50 of his website https://3axis.co/page/50/ along with a Marvel comics version that I plan to eventually use on another guitar top panel.

The eyes are the sound holes. They will have the ability to be lighted with bright red LEDs by flipping a toggle switch when I get a suitable way to do it completed. It has dual piezoelectric pickups under the top panel. The fret markers are jewels from the craft department at Walmart. The tuners, fret wire, piezo kit, and strings are from the C.B.Gitty website. The nut and bridge is made of a stone color Corian countertop material. The top and bottom panels are 1/8" thick Baltic birch plywood. The top and bottom panels are Vcarved 0.030" deep . The finish is Minwax clear satin polyurethane with General Finishes Java gel stain to darken the Vcarve cuts. A Whiteside #1540 1/4" diameter 60 degree solid carbide cutter was used for all Vcarve cuts.The neck is red oak, The 1/8" thick spacer layer under the fret board is black walnut. The fret board and Miliineum Falcon tailpiece is 1/4" thick curly African mahogany. The body is a bamboo salad bowl from IKEA. The output level control knob is from a Star Wars AT-AT Driver toy figure that I purchased at Walmart and decapitated, then glued the head to the potentiometer shaft with JB Kwik Weld.

CarveOne
Attachments
20200623_165227_resized.jpg
20200623_165240_resized.jpg
20200623_165329_resized.jpg
20200623_165340_resized.jpg
20200623_165359_resized.jpg
20200623_165413_resized.jpg
CarveOne
http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Re: Azteca Star Wars Guitar

Post by garylmast »

Fancy looking guitar. Nice job!

Gary

BillK
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro Plus

Post by BillK »

SuperCool design!
BillK
https://www.facebook.com/CarvingsByKurtz

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

This is awesome!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Post by scottp55 »

Love the sound hole location and the "Millenium" :)
Quite typical of your attention to detail Richard.
"Decapitating" ...such an ugly word...and such nice results and touch :)

Do you ever get tired of exhibition quality work? :)
Well done!
scott
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

CarveOne
Vectric Wizard

Post by CarveOne »

Thanks guys, seems like I get even crazier with these guitars during pandemics. :roll:

I have been so busy since last December that I haven't posted much here. I recommended to a local small Mexican restaurant owner to buy a larger out of business former steakhouse property early last year and expand his small business..He did, and now he has the fanciest Mexican restaurant in this area. I ended up doing a lot of work for him this year building steel box tube supports for a sagging bar top, making a large "Bienvenidos" entrance sign, a "Restrooms" sign, and two signs for the restroom doors. I will post photos of that work soon.

"If you own a machine, you are in turn owned by it, and spend your time serving it." Whoever said that knows our CNC machines very well. :D
CarveOne

CarveOne
Vectric Wizard

Post by CarveOne »

scottp55 wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:37 pm
Love the sound hole location and the "Millenium" :)
Quite typical of your attention to detail Richard.
"Decapitating" ...such an ugly word...and such nice results and touch :)

Do you ever get tired of exhibition quality work? :)
Well done!
scott
Actually, I just pulled the pivoting head off of the ball joint it was pressed onto, but I can claim that I "decapitated" a Storm Trooper with my laser sword can't I?

I never get tired of trying to do better work on the CNC projects.
CarveOne

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

This is a stunning accomplishment of talent and creativity. I would love to hear and see it played. How about a demonstration video?
Steve

CarveOne
Vectric Wizard

Post by CarveOne »

Here ya go Steve:

http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com/downloads.html

Let it play through once to fully load the file, then play it again. This is not anything like the way a high quality acoustic guitar would sound, more like a banjo or cigar box guitar. There is no amplifier being used in the video, just recorded by my cell phone with a friend picking the strings. Tuned to DGBE like the smaller four strings of an acoustic guitar.

CarveOne
CarveOne

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Post by scottp55 »

I don't know Anything about guitars, but for a salad bowl and a cell phone....
Sounds pretty good to me! :)
scott
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

I don't play a guitar either but this is really, really cool. I am a Dixieland Jazz fan though and this sounds like it would be great at playing it. Hats off to ya bud.
Steve

CarveOne
Vectric Wizard

Post by CarveOne »

Thanks Scott and Steve. The salad bowl guitar is not unique, as many styles can be found with a Google search. Mine are unique in that no one else I have seen uses CNC carvings and my own weird ideas to make them so unique.

I don't sell them, but I do loan them to the local Veterans Museum as craft work by a local veteran to help them attract visitors. The manager can play them if someone wants to hear them play. Bus loads of school kids visit the museum as a history lesson. People in the mall hear him playing and come in to see what it is about. Last week I traded this one and the Mayan Haab Calendar Clock guitar for two of the guitars that have been on display since last summer so that they will have something new to show when the museum reopens on Tuesday of the upcoming week. It has been shut down for three or more months like everything else around here. The manager is picking the strings in the video on my website.

CarveOne
CarveOne