Fajita Tray Project

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
CarveOne
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home built designs - 3'x4' and 5'x12'

Fajita Tray Project

Post by CarveOne »

A local Mexican Restaurant owner/friend asked me to make some fajita trays for his father in Columbia, South Carolina. These are made of 3/4" x 48" x 96" sheets of Blondewood plywood from the local Lowes Home Improvement. There are 38 trays on each sheet. I have delivered two sheets worth so far. Three more sheets are to be delivered as I can find the time to make them. Heavy and unpredictable rain storms have been a problem lately. I do the cutting and sanding work and he colors the trays with a suitable liquid stain. 190 trays total. Oh, my aching thumbs ... :D

His father owns some San Jose Restaurants in the Columbia, SC area. The first 38 trays were delivered to him during the son and his family's visit on Father's Day.

CarveOne
Attachments
San Jose Fajita Tray - Single.jpg
San Jose Fajita Trays.jpg
CarveOne
http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Re: Fajita Tray Project

Post by scottp55 »

No worry about Fuzzies"
They'll be burnt off by second use :)

DON'T like production work after 3 yrs of it.....HOPE you get some meals out of it eventually!!! :)
(At LEAST take-out) :)
scott
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

CarveOne
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home built designs - 3'x4' and 5'x12'

Re: Fajita Tray Project

Post by CarveOne »

Update:

Sheets 4 and 5 have been cut. Had to wait two weeks for the local Lowes to get some more in stock. The trays from sheet #4 are ready to deliver. Should finish working on this project by sometime Saturday (I hope). This is too much like working for a living, not at all like being retired SHOULD be. :wink:
CarveOne
http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com