sign from off-cuts

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
BillK
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro Plus

sign from off-cuts

Post by BillK »

Here's something to make from those off-cuts too small for other things. Originally I saw this somewhere done on one solid board. I used all my various off-cuts, staggered the size and spacing, fonts, etc. Kinda reminds me of those multi signed road markers. Drilled two vertical holes in each board and ran string through the holes, so in theory it can be added to in the future.

The best part: I got to collaborate with my daughter who did all the free hand calligraphy on this. It really gives it the special touch.

Thanks for looking.
rules.jpg
BillK
https://www.facebook.com/CarvingsByKurtz

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Re: sign from off-cuts

Post by gkas »

BillK wrote:Kinda reminds me of those multi signed road markers. Drilled two vertical holes in each board and ran string through the holes, so in theory it can be added to in the future.
I like it... That's exactly what came to mind when I first looked at the picture. Good job.

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Post by scottp55 »

Really LIKING it Bill!! :D

Kinda reminds me of a few times I semi-Guided city folk on the Allagash and St. Johns Rivers.
First 2-3 days nothing but complaints of "Nothing to do" at night(except they played cards and drank up all their liquor:)
(except one guy who found me sitting on the shore on a rock watching the River and the Night....
And asked what I was doing... "Nothing"...and moved up the River to his own rock...
Next morning he said to me...."Nothing...is kinda Nice" :) )
Usually took the rest of the group 3 days to start noticing the small things, and enjoy where they Were!

Wish I had had your Sign....but a little hard to pack in a canoe/kayak :D
VERY nice and Well done!!
scott
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

Holzarbeiter
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger SR24

Post by Holzarbeiter »

What a clever way to use up odds-n-ends pieces!
Excellent idea and done very well.
Joe

I have a chip on my shoulder....several more in my hair and lots more all over my shop floor.

BillK
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro Plus

Post by BillK »

Everyone, Thanks for the nice replies, they keep me going to the computer and the shop for the next thing.

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays all around!
BillK
https://www.facebook.com/CarvingsByKurtz