Retro Camera Timepiece

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Retro Camera Timepiece

Post by gkas »

I finally got around to Michael Tyler's Project of the Month, the Retro Camera Timepiece. I made it as a surprise for my youngest son, who is a commercial photographer. He hasn't seen it yet. Great project and lots of fun. I went for the 'used' look. I looked up the Pony camera, and I'm astounded how close Michael came to the real thing. Thanks Michael... :D
Retro Camera Timepiece 1.jpg
Retro Camera Timepiece 2.jpg
Retro Camera Timepiece 3.jpg
Retro Camera Timepiece 4.jpg

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: Retro Camera Timepiece

Post by mtylerfl »

Wow, Gerry! You did a fantastic job on that project!

I wish I could see your son’s face when you give it to him - I’m sure he’s going to love it!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Post by TReischl »

Very, very nice!
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

gkas
Vectric Wizard

Post by gkas »

I really found it interesting how quick we can get used to having new processes readily available. When I was previewing the project, I noticed that the main cut was double-sided with the 'old' way of making two separate drawings. I converted these to a 'new' double-sided drawing. In the end I still wasn't positive that my new drawing had all the alignments correct, so I cut using the original two drawings.

We had to work much harder making the 'old' two sided projects. With the new methods it's much easier to 'copy to other side' to verify placement. Now that I can visualize the outcome, it'll be easier to verify my two-sided plans.

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Post by scottp55 »

Cool Gerry!!! :)
SURE to be well received!
Well Done!!
scott
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

dwilli9013
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis Self Designed Self Built

Post by dwilli9013 »

Very Nice. Sure your son will be pleased. Thanks for sharing. :lol: :lol: :lol:
D-Dub
Dwayne
Dwilli

WNC_Ed
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD4 AXYZ 4010

Post by WNC_Ed »

Spectacular result!
Congrats!
Maker of sawdust

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Very nice, looks like you have made a first class job of it :lol: :lol:

We had to work much harder making the 'old' two sided projects. With the new methods it's much easier to 'copy to other side' to verify placement. Now that I can visualize the outcome, it'll be easier to verify my two-sided plans.

& yet you still used Michael's individual files to cut it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gkas
Vectric Wizard

Post by gkas »

martin54 wrote:Very nice, looks like you have made a first class job of it :lol: :lol:

& yet you still used Michael's individual files to cut it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Much less chance of introducing my errors, and getting it correct the first time..... :roll:

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage

Post by mtylerfl »

Good choice, Gerry! You can always modify the project later with both sides in a single file. Getting the first run done as-is, builds confidence and assures success!

If you ever upgrade to Aspire and want to tackle a “brain teaser” project, try the Peanut Dish project. It looks simple as-is and will come out perfectly as separate files, of course.

That project used several of the new Aspire features at that time, but preceded the new two-sides in one file feature. It was a bit of a bear to figure out a fool-proof layout and the end-User will be blissfully unaware of how much “brain energy” I burned on that one. Now that it’s a load-and-go project, it might seem “simple” now, though (it wasn’t).

That project is an excellent example of how handy it would have been to have had the two-sides in a single file for each segment/section!!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC

gkas
Vectric Wizard

Post by gkas »

mtylerfl wrote:Good choice, Gerry! You can always modify the project later with both sides in a single file. Getting the first run done as-is, builds confidence and assures success!

If you ever upgrade to Aspire and want to tackle a “brain teaser” project, try the Peanut Dish project. It looks simple as-is and will come out perfectly as separate files, of course.

That project used several of the new Aspire features at that time, but preceded the new two-sides in one file feature. It was a bit of a bear to figure out a fool-proof layout and the end-User will be blissfully unaware of how much “brain energy” I burned on that one. Now that it’s a load-and-go project, it might seem “simple” now, though (it wasn’t).

That project is an excellent example of how handy it would have been to have had the two-sides in a single file for each segment/section!!
I do have Aspire and I like to take apart projects to see what makes them tick. I will definitely check out the Peanut Dish dish project.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage

Post by mtylerfl »

Oh yeah! I forgot you already have Aspire!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC