Sons of Anarchy revisited

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Re: Sons of Anarchy revisited

Post by scottp55 »

Glad you just touched it up and left it Doug...It looks Great!! :)
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

Xxray
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1

Post by Xxray »

Never done one like this, was driven by necessity ,, I carved one out of bocote and I ended up punching through the bottom towards the end, don't know how or why that happened but I was going to put a bocote patch on the back but I thought hey, why not cut out the model with a scroll saw the glue it up on a backing board ,,, I used a chunk of poplar with a fractal pattern burned in, did a little roundover on the edges and presto, nice piece of work !
IMG_9067.jpg
Doug

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Post by scottp55 »

NICE recovery Doug! :) :)

BTW...LOVE how you spent extra hours to get that JUST the way you saw it perfectly in your head when you started. :) :) :)

( I like how we can change "Mist*kes" into "Features" )

LIKE the overall effect of this one!
scott
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

Xxray
Vectric Wizard

Post by Xxray »

Scott yeah, this model needed a dissimilar background to pop, bocote being what it is, and this was just the ticket. Unplanned detour but it turned out for the best
Doug

Xxray
Vectric Wizard

Post by Xxray »

Glueup, 10x7 and about 1.5 thick - 1st thing I have made in quite a while, was wondering if I still had it in me. I didn't secure it properly and the bit ran away with the wood resulting in the little gash on bottom left, luckily it didn't affect the model itself. Then next try the bit bogged down and lost position on the 1st run, so I had to rehome it then I tried a 45 cut which worked perfectly.
Other flaw is the line running through the left eye and head area, not a machining error but a glueup error, would not sand out so lets just say, it adds character !

Bit was making smoke by the time it was done, time to chuck that one in the trash, have probably got over 100 models with that bit but sometimes, you gotta let them go.
IMG_9526.jpg
Doug