Engineering Edgelit

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
glenninvb
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: homebuild / VCP 8.0

Re: Engineering Edgelit

Post by glenninvb »

nice job!

I run saw cut edges on router table before removing paper, fence set very shallow, passes till clean... no sanding needed, just a medium slow pass with a cheap MAPP torch and edges are polished, takes very little practice... plenty of youtube videos

basecircle
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: shark pro

Post by basecircle »

Nice job Dwayne.Clean and crisp. A quick fix on the edges.I use my card scraper.A couple of swipes Done.A little flame polished. Nice work. Basecircle

Xxray
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1

Post by Xxray »

A variety of ways to polish a rough acrylic edge, having tried them all I can tell ya, nothing beats sanding and buffing, not even close.
But not everyone wants to invest $100's to accomplish that, so work with what you have, only nitpickers like us will notice any difference.

Quite a difference a blade to cut the blanks makes too, I invested $60 in a Diablo 10" saw blade, 84 tooth triple chip design specifically for laminates/acrylics, that alone made a world of difference and decreased my sanding time. Before that I was using whatever blade happened to be in the saw, usually a roughing blade and while they will cut, they don't call them rough for nothing.
Doug

kp91
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Digital Wood Carver

Post by kp91 »

dwilli9013 wrote:
jarm2 wrote:What is the font and where did you find it?
The font is called Geosteam. I downloaded it from Brent.
Thanks for the heads up on the Font! I may try to make my own version of your piece.
Doug
1 John 1:9
Fredericksburg, VA