2016 UGM

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
dhellew2
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Artisan 72

2016 UGM

Post by dhellew2 »

I may be a bit early bringing up the 2016 User Group Meeting, but my schedule seems to get more cluttered each year.
We are in Guanacaste Costa Rica and my wife already has three additional trips scheduled for this year and one more pending......
Planning ahead at least 6 months is the norm for us.

Pura Vida

Dale
Attachments
costa rica.jpg
You will get old if you live long enough!

Dale

mezalick
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra

Re: 2016 UGM

Post by mezalick »

Nice looking place Dale....
Michael
Michael Mezalick
https://carveddetails.com
mm@mezalick.com

dhellew2
Vectric Wizard

Post by dhellew2 »

Hi Michael,
The view is one wing of the RIU palace hotel. Its an all inclusive vacation, not real cheap but what you get is unbelievable. Every room has a fully stocked bar, more food than I've ever seen in one place, lots of activities, nightly entertainment, room service and its all included.

As one might expect in a palace, everyone treats you like royalty 8), most speak English [mandatory in the public schools], native language is traditional Spanish.

College is paid by the government but students must have and maintain good grades to get in.

Store prices are more than in the US.

If you book thru AARP [via expedia] and say it's for an anniversary [etc.] you usually get upgraded free when the rooms are available. We were upgraded to a Jr Suite which faces the Pacific Ocean and the balcony is larger than most hotel rooms. The room has a shower and a Jacuzzi tub, about 36' x 15', very modern conveniences including 120 volt electric service.

This side of the country has two seasons, summer and winter [really dry, and not so dry] but are not very far from the rain forest.

Available activities [many included, some extra] include zip-lines down the volcano, snorkeling off a boat, scuba diving by PADI [$95 includes pool training and gear - same as in Hawaii but cheaper here] bus tours, painting lessons etc.

Our accommodations are about $250 per person, includes a car, all you can drink, eat, and 10% tips are included.

Economy: #1 High tech, they grow and make computer chips; #2 tourism; #3 fruit export.

Lots of free beer, James!! :lol:

Dale

Dale

dhellew2
Vectric Wizard

Post by dhellew2 »

riu hotel.jpg
Ocean view of the hotel.
Every 5-years we take a special anniversary trip.
This is for our 45th.

Lots of Teak here. The trees are smaller but they use the wood like we use pine in the US... for everything.

Pura Vida
Dale

Dale

dturk
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Arty58 / Shark Pro

Post by dturk »

I know it is early, I would like to see more 3d Carving techniques in the agenda -- this year in Florida UGM. I was not able to go to Las Vegas, but I loved the series of lectures where they started from a picture and finished with a carving. I have been trying to do the same thing with Ridge Back dogs and Lions, but I can't seem to get the same definition in the final carving. Maybe my expectation are too much. So some of the subjects that I would think to be of interest is would be (Creating Realistic Carving, Bit Selection for 3d Carving, How High the Layers should be, When are carving to complex for CNC work, how to create people characters,

Over the years, I have seen some very talented carvings from George Washington to Puma carvings, maybe it would be nice to have several artist demonstrate some of their work and talking about their creative process. Some of the one of note that I remember are: The person that created the large train for his front yard, the person in North West US who created 2d signs, and some of the Canadian artists. There are so many sub articles it hard to list them all.

So any when are we going to hear about 2016 UGM, what will be the agenda, where will it be, and when will it be.

Daryll

marypiano
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD

Post by marypiano »

I am interested in when we have the meeting as well..... want to come for the first time this year.

RebeccaJ
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Various

Post by RebeccaJ »

The 2016 User Group Meeting has been announced and you can find all the information here: http://www.vectric.com/company/events/2016/ugm.html

I hope this helps!

Thanks,
Beki
Beki Jeremy
Senior Application Engineer - Vectric Ltd.