Outstanding. Thanks for sharing.
Best regards

Didier

W7 - Aspire 8.517

Imagineering
Model of CNC Machine: Self Built Router and Sieg SX3

Re: "Alabaster" Rose Box

Post by Imagineering »

Excellent technique which I will try in the near future. Your Videos would look a lot sharper in 1080p rather than 480 8-)

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Imagineering wrote:Excellent technique which I will try in the near future. Your Videos would look a lot sharper in 1080p rather than 480 8-)
Yes, indeed. I took all the videos in 1080p with my iphone, but the two I uploaded directly to YouTube from my iphone 6, forced the lower res (480p) automatically, for some unknown reason. After searching for a solution online, I still could not find a way to keep the quality at 1080p when uploading direct from the phone (there was a 720p option, but it was greyed out on my iphone and no 1080p upload option appears on my iphone at all).

The last video (the finished box video) was transferred to my computer, re-saved as MP4 in the old Microsoft Movie Maker software, then uploaded to YouTube (the iphone videos are in the MOV format). After converting to MP4 and uploading from the computer, the full 1080p res quality was preserved! I would sure appreciate it if anyone knows of a way I can use the more convenient direct iphone upload AND keep my original 1080p quality! The 720p option is only available on the iphone when I'm connected to WiFi (which I was), yet the option was greyed out and non-selectable despite being connected. Another mystery.

In the meantime, it appears I must go through the extra hoops of transfer to my computer, convert to MP4, then upload from the computer instead of from my iphone 6. (I also own Vegas Pro and Camtasia where I can do all sorts of "fancy stuff" as well as keep the quality pristine. However, I didn't take the time to use either of those this go around.)
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

My son works at an Apple Store (genius bar) and he told me the solution...upload from the iphone's Photo Gallery NOT from the Camera App! The HD option is available only when uploading from the Gallery. It is "stuck" on the Standard Res (apparently at 240p not 480p as I stated previously) when uploading from the camera app instead of from the gallery.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

Creation in Wood
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Maverick ATC 4x8 CNC

Post by Creation in Wood »

Very, Very nice!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :lol: :D
Thanks for sharing with us. I have to try this out.
Thank You
Doug

scottart
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro HD and CNCrouterparts 4896

Post by scottart »

well that is mind expanding... thanks for sharing, keep them coming... please..