More YoYo projects - Just couldn't resist

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
Timvmax
Vectric Wizard

Re: More YoYo projects - Just couldn't resist

Post by Timvmax »

Love that design CarveOne, but shouldn't the writing curve the opposite way on the other side? :lol:

CarveOne
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home built designs - 3'x4' and 5'x12'

Post by CarveOne »

Timvmax,

I gave that some thought last evening when I first noticed it. It spins fast enough that it will just be a blur, and you don't normally see both sides at once. I am considering your suggestion before cutting it. I'm also wondering if I should look at actual spin direction and reverse the arc direction accordingly to match a real pin wheel. So many hard decisions to make when doing this stuff ... We decided to make this one with purple heart with dark stain in the letters, and clear gloss lacquer finish to preserve the purple color. The wood needs washing with solvent to clean out some of the natural oils before applying the lacquer.

Dale,

Some of my best ideas have come from challenges given to me from friends, particularly this guy. Maybe he does this knowing that he and/or his daughter will get the results, usually at no charge. :wink:

Oh yeah, the tool I used the most when creating this design is the UNDO tool. I really like being able to step back to the last saved version. Saved a lot of work many times.

CarveOne
CarveOne
http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

CarveOne
Vectric Wizard

Post by CarveOne »

I've been sidetracked from CNC work recently by other things, but I did finish this Yo-Yo yesterday morning. The glossy finish makes it difficult to photograph in bright sun that makes the purple heart glow. I tried flipping the second half horizontally and it didn't work as I wished it to, so I went back to the original plan. Once cut and assembled, I aligned the second side so that flipping the Yo-Yo left/right the word Custom looks the same and the Yo-Yo can be rotated counter clockwise and the text can be read correctly either way.

I finally got some of the 1/32" tapered ball nose cutters from Precise Bits that will allow cutting some of the other designs I'll try on the Yo-Yos.

CarveOne.
Attachments
20150530_094557.jpg
20150530_102938.jpg
CarveOne

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

That sure is pretty!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

CarveOne
Vectric Wizard

Post by CarveOne »

That neon string you gave me at the Aspire Camp is just perfect for this Yo-Yo. Thank you sir!

To read it you have to pick up your computer monitor and rotate it ... :wink:

Here's what it says. She won the title at the Florida State Fair.

Custom
Made For
Marianna
Ahyoung
2015 South
Florida
Equestrian
Sweetheart

CarveOne
CarveOne