Panel Joinery: A Twist Tenon

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

Panel Joinery: A Twist Tenon

Post by 4DThinker »

I made this example to show my Workshop 2 students. Their project assignment was to design knock down furniture, and this is one quick joint to take apart or put together.
Twist tenon 5s.jpg
CNC precision makes it a snug fit once assembled. More photos and info on my blog: https://4dfurniture.blogspot.com/2022/0 ... -tenon.htm
4D

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Re: Panel Joinery: A Twist Tenon

Post by adze_cnc »

Oops. Looks like 4D missed the “L” in “.html” in his link. Try this instead.

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard

Post by 4DThinker »

Thanks for catching the mistake adze. Apparently Paste only works with what you've copied. You would think by now with web spell checking the missing "l" would have been caught and inserted automatically or at least pointed out/red underlined as I was creating that post.

The joint above was not used by any student that saw it. Sort of expected though as twisting parts to assemble them is something they had no prior exposure to or experience with. Showing them though does implant the idea for future reference which they may call upon eventually for future design challenges.
4D

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard

Post by 4DThinker »

Another sample joint I made was this through tusk tenon. This one was used by a student for her knock-down desk design. Desktop, back, and a lower tenon all pierced the sides and were locked with wedges. Every detail cut on the CNC including the wedges.
Wedged tenon 5s.jpg
More info and photos here: https://4dfurniture.blogspot.com/2022/0 ... rtise.html
4D

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

Very interesting joints
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC