Another benefit of Aspire

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
Jozua
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: EZ-Router

Another benefit of Aspire

Post by Jozua »

I found a new and exiting way to assist me in determining the color combination and layout of my scroll saw clocks.

Normally the plans consist of 5 to 7 A-0 pages full of entities. Most of the time there are overlays on other pages that is supposed to go with an entity on the first or second page.

It is therefore quite difficult to determine how the clock will actually look and what color combinations to use for the best effect (especially if you are dealing with between 300 and 500 entities).

Thanks to Aspire it is possible to generate simple components and to “assemble” the clock before the time to have an idea of how it will look in the different color combinations.

Normally the instructions are not very user-friendly but with Aspire this is not a problem any more!!!

Attach is a screen shot of the clock that I am busy doing
Attachments
Grand Geneva.jpg

John Murphy
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 5010

Re: Another benefit of Aspire

Post by John Murphy »

Nice work Joz.

You have allot of time on your hands!

John

CraftyMack

Post by CraftyMack »

Very Nice work, Joz Is it possible for you to give details of how you take the original scrollsaw pattern & end up with the code to cut the clock by CNC, I've tackled a few simple clocks with a scrollsaw but would be interested in learning the conversion process. Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else but being very new to the CNC world still trying to find my feet, any info would be truly appreciated, Many Thanks!

Wayne Mack.

Jozua
Vectric Wizard

Post by Jozua »

CraftyMack wrote:Very Nice work, Joz Is it possible for you to give details of how you take the original scrollsaw pattern & end up with the code to cut the clock by CNC, I've tackled a few simple clocks with a scrollsaw but would be interested in learning the conversion process. Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else but being very new to the CNC world still trying to find my feet, any info would be truly appreciated, Many Thanks!

Wayne Mack.
Hi Wayne,

The process is quite simple.

I take the A-0 pages to a company that scan and convert it for me into 300DPI - JPEG files.

I then create a worksheet in Aspire the same size as the A-0 page (600mm x 900mm) this is important to keep the scale similar to the original plan.

I then Vectorise the JPEG file and do some node editing to ensure that the 1.5mm (1/16 inch) endmill fits into all the vectors for an “inside cut”.

Once that is all checked it is a simple matter of generating toolpaths with Aspire for each entity.

Hope this help.

Joz

CraftyMack

Post by CraftyMack »

Joz,

many thanks for the info. The company that scans the patterns for you, is it a printing firm or photographic centre, Thanks again, Wayne.

Jozua
Vectric Wizard

Post by Jozua »

CraftyMack wrote:Joz,

many thanks for the info. The company that scans the patterns for you, is it a printing firm or photographic centre, Thanks again, Wayne.
It is a photographic center (the name of the company in South Africa is Q-Photo). They primarily scan the large sheets for the Architects.

Joz