Double clicking on 3D pane does NOT remove waste material

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
2C3D4U
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Flexicam Stealth

Double clicking on 3D pane does NOT remove waste material

Post by 2C3D4U »

Hello,

Just for the sake of simplicity, I set up a piece of 1" material. Material Top is zero, Data point is the center. I cut out a circle in one pass (again, just to cut to the chase here) to 1.01 depth. Double clicking in 3D does nothing. Repeatedly. Why? I'm using 11.504.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Double clicking on 3D pane does NOT remove waste material

Post by Adrian »

When you say you are clicking in 3D do you mean you are double clicking on the waste material after previewing the toolpath and with the toolpath preview controls still active?

If yes then check your preview simulation quality on the toolpaths menu. Small tools with large material and low quality settings can lead to touching pixels in which case the software can't "see" where the waste is.

2C3D4U
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Flexicam Stealth

Re: Double clicking on 3D pane does NOT remove waste material

Post by 2C3D4U »

Adrian wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:08 pm
When you say you are clicking in 3D do you mean you are double clicking on the waste material after previewing the toolpath and with the toolpath preview controls still active?

If yes then check your preview simulation quality on the toolpaths menu. Small tools with large material and low quality settings can lead to touching pixels in which case the software can't "see" where the waste is.
Yes, that's exactly right...as you describe.....clicking on waste material in 3D after previewing toolpath, and preview controls still active.
I never use low, standard quality. Oddly, I tried it again after shutting down the app and restarting the same file.....and now (fingers crossed) it is indeed working. Maybe the Win10 PC (about 8 years old) to blame? Plenty (32 Gb) of ram and good quality SSD. Go figure.