recent update suggestion

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
Santos3421
Model of CNC Machine: Onefinity Journeyman X-50

recent update suggestion

Post by Santos3421 »

Good morning,

I recently updated my software to the latest version (11.503) and I realized very quickly after doing this update that my tools database and all of the folders or subfolders, were removed or replaced with the update, there was one labeled “most common tools” , which were created to reduce the time needed to find those tools when creating new toolpaths, Now I am ha having to recreate all of these toolpaths because I didn't know that I should have uploaded my tool database and then re integrated them.

My suggestion is pretty simple, when on the Vectric site while making these upgrades I realized there are a few pop up screens that will explain what fixes are offered in this upgrade, I would love to see someone add in that pop up or in an individual pop up that would remind people of useful tips and tricks to preserve any setting that may be sent back to default setting after the upgrade is complete

I hope my suggestion is noted and taken into consideration, Otherwise, the software is great and works very smoothly, but there are areas that can be improved and as i become more educated on the ins and outs I will be making detailed notes about future suggestions that new users would probably find useful.

Thank you

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Re: recent update suggestion

Post by Rcnewcomb »

Send your suggestion to support@vectric.com. That puts it in Vectric's ticketing system.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

scotttarnor
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha XL , Shark HD520

Post by scotttarnor »

Did you try migrate to move your tool data base over?
Screenshot_20221115_100035.png
Scott T

@scottscnc

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

I've never had my database replaced during a point upgrade. When installing a major upgrade you're prompted to migrate the database over.

I don't understand why you're recreating all the toolpaths either. Once you've created a toolpath the link to the database is "broken" so it doesn't matter if the database changes it won't change any existing toolpaths or templates.

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

Santos3421 wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:21 pm
I recently updated my software to the latest version (11.503)
From what version? If from v11.0xx then your existing install for that should still be on your machine and it is possible to migrate the tools from it to 11.503 even after completing the install.

Santos3421
Model of CNC Machine: Onefinity Journeyman X-50

Post by Santos3421 »

Thank you for the response, i will look into that operation..