How appropriate is Aspire for this?

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
paorawiremu
Model of CNC Machine: Heliner 1325M

Re: How appropriate is Aspire for this?

Post by paorawiremu »

Hi everyone, Thanks for the many suggestions and fast replies. I'm sure I'll have other questions in the future, but for now I've crossed this hurdle. I'll share how my experimenting goes with these detailed vectors when I've got some works finished. Thanks!

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Re: How appropriate is Aspire for this?

Post by adze_cnc »

Nice to hear that things worked. A couple of drawbacks to direct Illustrator import
  • multiple layers get flattened down into one. Please Vectric preserve layer information. Other programs do.
  • paths from multiple artboards will get overlaid all on top of each other. Combine this with the above and you get a nightmare.
I believe SVG will retain layers (and layer colours). It's problem is that I have had SVG files from Illustrator import at 80% size for some reason.

One unexpected delight with Illustrator import is that if the source file is in centimeters and you import it into an inches Vectric file the paths will be properly converted to inches. e,g, a 2.54cm square will import properly as a 1 inch square. (I haven't tried this with millimeters yet).

18-inch diameter shelf
18-inch diameter shelf

A sample Illustrator direct import. 2,500 shapes with no errors. An 18-inch shelf for the shipping and receiving guys to put their coffee cups / small packages on while they open the door.