Edge for Simulated Stone Tablets

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
Dale1944
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Router Homemade

Edge for Simulated Stone Tablets

Post by Dale1944 »

I am profoundly challenged artistically or I could do it myself. I can't find a discussion of this searching either, so I am pleading for help. I want to make some simulated stone tablets for the 10 Commandments and the like. I have used spray paint to give the stone appearance, but the edges should have the appearance of being chipped from a larger stone. My attempts so far give pathetic a bad name. I'm sure this has been done, but I can't find anything that I can steal. I am willing to pay for tillable edge segment that would give some added realism to painted MDF.

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Re: Edge for Simulated Stone Tablets

Post by garylmast »

If you've updated to the latest version of Aspire, try the Custom Brush Sculpting.

Gary

Dale1944
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Router Homemade

Post by Dale1944 »

I am challenged artistically or I would have done that. The tools are available, but I am not competent to use them to the end I desire. Michelangelo was asked how he created the statue of David. He said that it was easy -- get a big stone and remove anything that didn't look like David. With my artistic eye, if I tried that, I would produce a huge pile of gravel. I need more help than excellent tools.

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

I expect a search via Google / Bing / DuckDuckGo for:

ten commandment stone tablet STL file

will generate many potentials.

"75% of the quotes found on the internet are misattributed." — Abraham Lincoln (b. 1809–d. 1865)