Rather large wall art piece.

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
chapklc
Model of CNC Machine: Scienci Long Mill 30x30

Rather large wall art piece.

Post by chapklc »

Ok, i'm using aspire, current version...
I am working on a large piece of wall art.
I want, however, to take a small piece of that and carve it first... to see if it's going to do what I want.
Is there an easy way to just take a portion and have it carve? Like i would like to print 1/16 of the actual job.

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Re: Rather large wall art piece.

Post by dealguy11 »

If you want the sample to be convenient, you can cut it out of the larger component and place it wherever is most convenient to cut. To do that, first make a copy of your job. Work on the copy.

Draw a rectangle or other 2d shape over the area you want to carve. If you have multiple components, you will need to bake them together first. Select the component and the 2d shape. Then click on "Clear area of selected component outside selected vectors". This will leave a fragment of the component that you can reposition and carve.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

Charlie_l
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger II

Post by Charlie_l »

Another idea.
Make it a tile project having tiles the size you want to cut. Then only cut that one tile.
Charlie
Aspire, CAMaster Stinger II

bobrickard
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot Desktop MAX

Post by bobrickard »

I make a duplicate of the Aspire file. You can then change the material size to the size of the sample you want to cut and trim your design to fit the new material size. This way you've left your original design file intact.