Bit plunges in

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
PeachCraft
Model of CNC Machine: Sharp

Bit plunges in

Post by PeachCraft »

I need some help please. There has to be a step I’ve missed or something. I’m in Australia so work in metric mm I recently upgraded to aspire and nothing has gone right since. My carves were pretty much perfect with vcarve and now it’s running awfully I start with the roughing file and it starts off ok but then plunges in deep and rips through the wood and then won’t raise a over the wood when I cancel the job. Please help me.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Bit plunges in

Post by Adrian »

Are you using the same post processor that you were before?

Have you also verified that your z-zero settings on Job Setup and the clearance settings on Material Setup are what you think they are?

Are your tool settings the same as before?

It's just a matter of starting at the beginning and working through every setting. There's nothing between the two programs that would cause what you're seeing other than common settings between the two as above.

You've asked this question before and people told you pretty much the same as I just have but you didn't reply to any of the questions which makes it very hard for anyone to help you.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=37565

PeachCraft
Model of CNC Machine: Sharp

Post by PeachCraft »

Hi Adrian,
I actually lost my last post sorry if I’m being a pain, yes I’m using the same post processor, the a zero setting is set correctly, doing the upgrade I managed to lose my tool settings and don’t know how to find them again. Thanks for your response.

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

Just had the same thing happen to me yesterday. It turned out to be a bad collet that allowed the bit to slip out.

Gary