3d Model Finishing Pass

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
Rocky67
Model of CNC Machine: Roautakit SDX

3d Model Finishing Pass

Post by Rocky67 »

Hello, I am a newbie at everything CNC, including using this software. I have a 3d model. On top of that model I created a vector shape, and in the modeling tab made that into a 3d model. I then did a circular array of that model. The entire model was finished with a 1/8th Ball Nose. The problem is that I made some small inlays on top of each of those 3d shapes in the array that the 1/8th bit does not capture. Is there a way to grab each of those shapes in the array and run another finishing pass with a 1/16th Ball Nose? I highlighted the vector of the 3d shapes in the array and ran a 3d model finishing pass and that did not work, it ran the entire model.

Thanks

Bob Reda
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: shopbot 48x48 upgraded prt

Re: 3d Model Finishing Pass

Post by Bob Reda »

In this situation it would be better to upload the file so people can see what you are talking about, if not, then they can only guess at what you are trying to do.
Bob

Mike-S
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Joe's Hybrid 4x4 (but 3x3)

Post by Mike-S »

I highlighted the vector of the 3d shapes in the array and ran a 3d model finishing pass and that did not work, it ran the entire model.
If they are closed vectors, running the finish pass again should only cut inside those vectors.
Attachments
VectorBounded.jpg

Rocky67
Model of CNC Machine: Roautakit SDX

Post by Rocky67 »

I got it to work. It was a mistake on my part, when I tried it late last night on the Boundary Limitations I did not click Vectors.

Thanks