Orientate a 3d model after toolpaths help.

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
poolrod
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Mazak/Probotix Meteor Fireball

Orientate a 3d model after toolpaths help.

Post by poolrod »

I made toolpaths for one side of the part, now I need to flip it and cut the back, but no window to orientate, is there a shortcut key or something?. Thank you all.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Orientate a 3d model after toolpaths help.

Post by Adrian »

When you import the model you have the option to create both sides of it. If you didn't do that at the time you will need to do another import and rotate to get the other side during the import phase.

poolrod
Vectric Apprentice

Post by poolrod »

Thank you, Adrian, I'm trying to make a Guitar neck, so I brought my stl file in that I built in Catia, moved the plane down to where I want to cut the top of it to in z depth, selected the both sides box. Clicked Draw origin, and selected tile vertical, I would select find all vectors next, run a rough and finish toolpath, then how can I flip it to add toolpaths to the other side without starting over with the import again. Thank you for the help.
Attachments
Set up page.jpg

poolrod
Vectric Apprentice

Post by poolrod »

I got it now, thank you. I'm not sure how well trace bitmap works on a 3d guitar neck for vectors, it seems to cut all kinds of stuff with the profile toolpath instead of just following the one vector. It puts this box around it and cuts it. That makes it hard to use tabs,lol.
Attachments
Bitmap Trace Problem.jpg

poolrod
Vectric Apprentice

Post by poolrod »

Ok, this is great, I hope it helps others, it will put the box around it, unless you only select the model, not the plane it was created on. You guys are great, thank you for all the help, I will need more,lol.

poolrod
Vectric Apprentice

Post by poolrod »

Another problem, big shock, I know. When I set up the model and plane to cut the flat part and profile, I had the model pretty high on the plane, then when I went to cut the neck back with the radius roughing, it barely grazed the model. Is there a way to adjust the depth of the z on the other side without starting over?. Thank you.
Attachments
Other side z trouble.jpg