3D Profile in aspire 8

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
seabreezr
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark

3D Profile in aspire 8

Post by seabreezr »

Hi All,
I have a silly maybe question . . I haven't done 3D in while, I don't remember if I did in aspire 8 or not. I took one of the 3ds that vectric gives you.
I went into the modeling section and used the import 3d to put in my component tree. Now I did my usual thing did 3d roughing and used 3d finishing. ok now time to cutout. I went into profile tool to do the cutting. Yes I made sure the model was active. Anyways. It would tell me that there is no suitable vectors selected, I don't understand I tried everything and it still says that. I don't understand what I am doing wrong as I never had this problem before. So I am wondering if they changed this and yes I do believe I probably used aspire 4.5 for 3ds. Can someone help me on this? It is so well appreciated in taking your time for me.
Thanks all :oops:

zeeway
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Self-built

Re: 3D Profile in aspire 8

Post by zeeway »

Select your 3d model and then click on the "create vector from model" icon, fourth one on second row of modeling tab. Then use that vector to cut out your profile.

Angie

seabreezr
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark

Post by seabreezr »

OMG Angie your wonderful, it worked lol.
I guess I must have used the aspire 4.5 unreal. I think maybe I should read a little more about 8 huh?? lol.

Thank you again so much, have an awesome week,

Donna :oops: 8) :D

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Post by ger21 »

The procedure hasn't changed from 4.5 to 8. It would have been done the same way the last time you tried it.
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com