Do i need PVC or will Aspire V8 create Photos

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
Joe Travis
Model of CNC Machine: CaMaster Stringer 2

Do i need PVC or will Aspire V8 create Photos

Post by Joe Travis »

When I bought my machine I bought Aspire and was told I didn't need PVC. I'm having trouble finding info on creating Litho's and photos without using PVC. anyone willing to share some wisdom with me? If it's better to use PVC I will just buy it. I'm not looking to cut corners and work around with 15 steps, but would like to know what is the best way to use my new machine to do what I was doing with the old one. Thanks, Joe

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Do i need PVC or will Aspire V8 create Photos

Post by Adrian »

Lithopane creation tutorial is here - http://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V8 ... s_GEN.html

There isn't a tutorial on photovcarving with Aspire as far as I know but this thread - http://forum.vectric.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8731 - explains it. Pay particular attention to the first post from Tony (5th post) and from there on as the technique explained there is a great deal easier than the first one.

Joe Travis

Post by Joe Travis »

Thanks for the links. I had seen them and I guess I didn't ask the correct question. I'm wondering if i buy PVC would it complete all or most of the tool pathing and converting the positive and negative imaging? Thanks again, Joe

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

You don't have as much control over the toolpaths in PVC as you do in Aspire. Positive and negative handing there's not a lot in it. With PVC it's a simple checkbox while in Aspire you create the component as a negative rather than a positive.

Easiest thing to do would be to download the trial of PVC and try doing the same things in PVC and Aspire to see which you prefer.

Joe Travis

Post by Joe Travis »

Thank you. I think I'll just get used to using aspire, now I know I'm not really missing anything with PVC. With more control comes more steps... Joe