Additional square vector in 3d download?

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
DougW
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Additional square vector in 3d download?

Post by DougW »

I have imported a round scene from VectorClip3d and when doing a rough tool path gett a square around the outside of the carving which gets all materiasl outside the square carved out to the same depth as the round scene....Where is this coming from...How do i eliminate the sqaure.....This is happening on other imports as well.
Attachments
problem file.jpg

zeeway
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Self-built

Re: Additional square vector in 3d download?

Post by zeeway »

Click on the round scene, then construct an outline vector form the icon in the modeling tab (fourth icon from left, on second row). Highlight that and then click the round scene and do then round tool path - now it will cut only inside your new vector.

Angie

DougW

Post by DougW »

Thanks for your reply...I guess I should have also included that I tried that and the result is creating a square...not conforming to the round carving

zeeway
Vectric Wizard

Post by zeeway »

Sounds like your round scene comes on a square in the model. You can still do the same thing, by just creating a circle, and play around until you get one the right size to enclose your round scene. Then click on the round vector you just created, hold down shift then click on the round scene...then go to toolpaths and toolpath away.

Angie

DougW

Post by DougW »

Thank you...that did the trick. Apparently all of Vectorclip3d models off a block unless you opt for no dishing. Appreciate your help....

zeeway
Vectric Wizard

Post by zeeway »

Glad it worked for you. You can also do the same trick (with any closed vector shape) to machine just a portion of any 3d shape.

Angie