Separating componetents

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
dmidkiff
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: 2010 Shop Bot PRS Alpha 18"Z

Separating componetents

Post by dmidkiff »

Hi All, I don't post very often and am not very good at 3D. I have a job coming up that requires me to separate components in an existing vectorart3d file. I have been unable to locate the right tutorial. Could some one please point me in the right direction?
TIA, Dave

WoodEraser
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus

Re: Separating componetents

Post by WoodEraser »

Try looking at this starting at # 5

www.vectric.com/support/training-material/aspire.html
Eric
The WoodEraser

Liberty Twp (N. of Cincinnati & S. of Dayton) Ohio

MarkJohnston
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster MC4848

Post by MarkJohnston »

Hi Dave,
I believe the tutorial you need to watch is the 3D tutorials Page 1 of 2 number 10 Editing an existing model. it shows how to take a part and reassemble a dragon.

Mark

dmidkiff
Vectric Apprentice

Post by dmidkiff »

Thanks Eric that may be just what I needed. Will have to watch a few times and give it a try.

Mark Thanks for the reply but I was unable to find the page you were referring to. I will keep looking.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Mark is referring to a tutorial that comes on the Aspire DVD itself rather than one on the website.

dmidkiff
Vectric Apprentice

Post by dmidkiff »

Sorry for the delay. I have been able to separate the file I have. It still needs work but am confident that I will get it right by watching the tutorials.
Adrian thanks for that heads-up. I looked on the DVD and did not find the tutorials. Turns out they were hiding in plain site, on the other DVD :oops: Thanks for all of your help and this forum. You guys and gals here and the Vectric team make it possible for a guy like me to stumble though and make something nice. :D
Dave

dmidkiff
Vectric Apprentice

Post by dmidkiff »

I would like to thank everyone for their help. The project was commissioned as a gift to be given Friday April 5th. I can now post pictures of the rendering and the finished product. This was my first attempt to separate a component from another component. Both files were from the Vectorart 3D collection. The oak leaf was removed from wings. I think it turned out fairly good although I did not get it perfect. The Navsup logo was laser engraved because I could not get the detail required. This was all made possible by the fine folks at Vectric and the great people on this forum. Thanks again.
Attachments
Navy Gift.jpg
100_1801.JPG
CAPT Skubic's Farewell 042.JPG