Didn't think I could do this with Aspire

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
Phil
Vectric Wizard

Didn't think I could do this with Aspire

Post by Phil »

I sent a preview of a plaque to a customer. The project included the shield with the straight top. The customer asked if I could do a top with two curves. Of course I said yes and thought I'd have to redo it from scratch. I didn't know if this would work but I used the distortion tool and was able to make the changes very easily.
Attachments
Shield Best.jpg
Shield Arched Top.jpg

glenn
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: home brew 40x20

Re: Didn't think I could do this with Aspire

Post by glenn »

Crazy good software 8)

knighttoolworks
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: shobot 48x96

Post by knighttoolworks »

this is 2d so it is really easy. use a straight line centered on the part to cut 1/2 away node edit the top and make it a arc and adjust the curve. then mirror the part and connect the two parts. or are the edges done in 3d?

Joe Crumley
Vectric Wizard

Post by Joe Crumley »

I also agree it's good software but your challenge is child's play in most graphic programs.

Please visit http://www.goldenstudios.com. All these panels are done in standard graphic programs. Mike uses Adobe Illustrator but Corel is much cheaper and does about the same job. The professional design world works with professional design programs that are far beyond any cnc program. Two of them are Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. Take a look at the panels in http://www.letterheadfonts.com

Aspire is a wonderful program as well as Vectric. Nothing against them but it's apples and oranges.

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

My first thought was to do it it 2D but I already had a good 3D model. First I added some guidelines to help keep both curves equal. I used the distort tool on the 3D model, inserted a node on the top vector, now the top line is two vectors, I converted both of them to beziers, selected both bezier handles on the left side and pulled them down to the guideline, then I repeated the process on the right side. Last I exported the component as a 3D model.
It took more time to type this description than it did to create the new model.
Distorted Shield.JPG
Phil