Does v12 allow different z-zeros per sheet

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
relayerbob
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD4

Does v12 allow different z-zeros per sheet

Post by relayerbob »

Basic question. Can I run z-zero on material surfaces on one sheet in a file, and z-zero set on machine bed in a separate sheet in the same file, or do I need to run two separate files to get this variation. Part of my design is essentially z-independent, and another needs to be set to a precise height. Wood thicknesses vary, and again, part of the design doesn't care at all, but part does. I generally find zeroing on material easier, so I prefer that when I don't need to go with bed zeroing. I currently use the latest v12.

Thanks.

MiloScott
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Maverick

Re: Does v12 allow different z-zeros per sheet

Post by MiloScott »

relayerbob wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:16 pm
Basic question. Can I run z-zero on material surfaces on one sheet in a file, and z-zero set on machine bed in a separate sheet in the same file, or do I need to run two separate files to get this variation. Part of my design is essentially z-independent, and another needs to be set to a precise height. Wood thicknesses vary, and again, part of the design doesn't care at all, but part does. I generally find zeroing on material easier, so I prefer that when I don't need to go with bed zeroing. I currently use the latest v12.

Thanks.
You can change each sheet to be Material Surface or Machine Bed. They don't all have to be the same.

relayerbob
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD4

Post by relayerbob »

Thanks, it seemed like when I tried it, it changed it on both. Thought maybe there was something I was missing. I'll try it again

MiloScott
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Maverick

Post by MiloScott »

relayerbob wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:31 am
Thanks, it seemed like when I tried it, it changed it on both. Thought maybe there was something I was missing. I'll try it again
You have to be in the specific sheet and edit it there, not the Job Setup area

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

relayerbob wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:31 am
When you add a second sheet it will add a sheet with exactly the same set up as your original sheet, if you then select that sheet & then edit sheet the screen looks the same as the original set up BUT you are only editing the sheet you have selected. You can then edit details about that sheet in the same way you would start a new job but those settings will only apply to that sheet. :lol: :lol:

Tex_Lawrence
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko3XXL; JTech7W; V-CarvePro 12.006

Post by Tex_Lawrence »

In some more "other words", the sheet system with Vectric software is like merging separate files into one file. It begins with default values set in the Job Setup area, but then you change those per sheet by "Edit" menu in the Sheet tab.

I haven't tried to find limits to this, but each sheet even allows separate Modeling Resolution settings.
Tex — Crooked Wood Products
Now there's a man with an open mind – you can feel the breeze from here.